• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

temp. ideas

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
I moved my beardie from a 30 gal to a 40, i need ideas on how to get the temp higherthey are at 90. i have a 10.0 15 watt repti-glo evb light and a 50 watt basking bulb i need help asap.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try a 75 watt halogen flood light. You can find them at Walmart for cheap. I've been having a lot of great heat coming from them. I'm having to use two halogen flood bulbs to help Allie get better. I'm using a 75 and 50 watt to get my temps to 95-96.8 degrees. (Allie has a respiratory infection at this time and will be getting 100 watt CHE to use at night to keep her temperature from falling below 70. *It's colder in my house during the winter months.* I'm used to having the house at 69 all year round, but I'm trying to beat cold weather temperatures by having on a heater up stairs on and one downstairs on.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. UVB's given by a certain tube light called Reptisun 10.0, Arcadia 12%. There's another tube bulb, but I don't use it. Pet stores sell it, but I'm not sure how long they have them. You can get a UVB from petmountain.com and a fixture for the UVB tube light at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. Just be sure to remove the plastic covers because they filter the UVB and won't give the proper wavelength to the beardie. Attach the fixture into the tank using command strips. Or use an aquarium hood with a starter inside. Remember, don't get coil UVB's. They don't work well either.

Latest posts