• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Size

fellykait

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm going to look for a new tank for my little guy soon. What's a good size tank for a full grown dragon?

Jdubclark

Hatchling Dragon
I'm going to look for a new tank for my little guy soon. What's a good size tank for a full grown dragon?
The simple answer is the bigger the better! Mine is still very small and he seems to enjoy all his space. From what I understand, when they get older they don't run around as much but you still want to give them plenty of room to maneuver. I think a 40 gallon is the minimum recommended size for an adult.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
With most lizards, the general rule of thumb is you want an enclosure that is at least twice as long as the adult lizard, and as wide as the adult lizard. Since most dragons are about two feet long, that would mean a 4 foot by 2 foot enclosure. Most recommend a 2 foot high enclosure also in order to give you the ability to have some climbing areas for them and still give a safe distance from the basking lights.

Latest posts