• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail Tremors?

Davigies

Bearded Dragon Egg
My BD has tail tremors on occasion. They look somewhat like mbd symtoms. She runs around, eats, stands on both her back legs. ive been trying to combat this the past couple months. i feed mainly dandleion greens, collards, and squash. Shes fed a roaches, supers, and phoenix worms for protein. The roaches and supers are gutloaded with the dandelion greens and squash and are fed no dry diet. All fresh veggies and water crystals sometimes. i have a reptisun 10.0 HO above her. The tail tremors are neither getting worse nor better. Please help if you know of anything to be done. Im trying to post a video but it wont let me..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like you are feeding the right things. Make sure you are also using suppliments. I dust each feeding with calcium w/o D3 and once a week a multivitamin. I looked up muscle spasms once, Dexter gets them occasionally. I read that it's a lack of Thiamin.

Davigies

Bearded Dragon Egg
I dust all my feeders and greens. I have the rep cal w/o d3 and the repcal multivitamin. Thiamin? Thanks ill look up foods high in that.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Of course now I can't find where I read that.

I would also make sure your UVB bulb is current.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
As far as the thiamin goes, I use this on my guys twice a week:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Vitbcomplex.html
They're not thrilled with the flavor but I'm able to squirt the little amount into the side of Precious's mouth. She makes a face about it and it leaves a strong vitamin smell if some dribbles out of her mouth. I never used it to treat anything but I am a big fan of vit b's for myself so I thought I'd try it with them. Apparently it's good for the tremors and for perking up their appetite...and while I'm certainly careful to weigh my guys first before giving it to them according to their directions, you don't have to worry too much about overdosing.
I think I got the small bottle earlier in the year, have been using it with my 3 guys 2x a week and I still have so much of it!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
As far as the thiamin goes, I use this on my guys twice a week:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Vitbcomplex.html
They're not thrilled with the flavor but I'm able to squirt the little amount into the side of Precious's mouth. She makes a face about it and it leaves a strong vitamin smell if some dribbles out of her mouth. I never used it to treat anything but I am a big fan of vit b's for myself so I thought I'd try it with them. Apparently it's good for the tremors and for perking up their appetite...and while I'm certainly careful to weigh my guys first before giving it to them according to their directions, you don't have to worry too much about overdosing.
I think I got the small bottle earlier in the year, have been using it with my 3 guys 2x a week and I still have so much of it!

Bet it could be injected into a hornworm ;) I've been seeing it a lot where people inject medicines into the worms, it's a lot easier than having to force it on the beardie.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Oh Patsy, leave it to you to want to poke the worms with needles! :p
It doesn't traumatize Precious, it's just a quick half sip for her. She doesn't go running away from me afterwards or anything. But I offer her water after and then she gets a treat. Tequilo tries to eat the syringe when I give it to him, so he doesn't mind it but I think Duma agrees more with Precious.

Latest posts