• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail Rotting?

Ashley_ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I’m a first time Beardie owner and I noticed my little guy shedding the day after we got him. His back was able to shed nicely however his tail seems like it hasn’t shedded yet. When examining it I noticed the very tip seems hurt and I was wondering if this is a product of tail rotting.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I’m a first time Beardie owner and I noticed my little guy shedding the day after we got him. His back was able to shed nicely however his tail seems like it hasn’t shedded yet. When examining it I noticed the very tip seems hurt and I was wondering if this is a product of tail rotting.
Please post a pic of the tail

Ashley_ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here’s a photo of his tail

Attachments

• E2846A24-CF94-4C57-AE78-81DB01ACE76F.jpeg
    E2846A24-CF94-4C57-AE78-81DB01ACE76F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 906FD472-9BB0-4CE9-A1F6-834D9045BAE2.jpeg
    906FD472-9BB0-4CE9-A1F6-834D9045BAE2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ya that’s just shed hun. He may have lost the very tip of his tail from a little fight with one of his siblings. But the tail look healthy so there is nothing to worry about. Often times beardies shed in sections, mine would always shed his tail first than the red of his body after. Also he’s so cute and I love the over the shoulder look he’s giving ya

Ashley_ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ya that’s just shed hun. He may have lost the very tip of his tail from a little fight with one of his siblings. But the tail look healthy so there is nothing to worry about. Often times beardies shed in sections, mine would always shed his tail first than the red of his body after. Also he’s so cute and I love the over the shoulder look he’s giving ya
Thank you !! I appreciate it !

Latest posts