• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot?

Ebendo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, first off I am new here and don’t quite know how to use this site so hopefully I got this right and apologies if I didn’t!

My two year old rescue girl developed this marking on her tail recently and it got me nervous. It’s interesting however that it’s only on the top, not the bottom. Is this just shed and am I just being neurotic? Or is this tail rot?

Attachments

• 9CE04409-A720-4A9D-8BD6-33D61D7E86E7.jpeg
    9CE04409-A720-4A9D-8BD6-33D61D7E86E7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 14636524-ACE5-4FF0-A492-1CC5C9D5AC1C.jpeg
    14636524-ACE5-4FF0-A492-1CC5C9D5AC1C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm that is very odd, it’s definitely not tail rot, as that usually only happens from trauma/ poor scale health , from what i can see ur beardies scales look to be in good shape, its most likely shed, has ur girl been black bearding at all?

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Hmm, looks odd, but the shape and scales look normal, maybe some weird shed.

Ebendo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hmm that is very odd, it’s definitely not tail rot, as that usually only happens from trauma/ poor scale health , from what i can see ur beardies scales look to be in good shape, its most likely shed, has ur girl been black bearding at all?
She hasn’t!She did just go through a major shed of her stomach and back area, so I was thinking that it was possibly an area of shed that was about to go, but it’s been like this for a few weeks now-and surprisingly her attitude this shed has been super good.

Ebendo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hmm, looks odd, but the shape and scales look normal, maybe some weird shed.
That’s what I was thinking too, but wanted to check. She did just got through a big shed, so I was hoping this tail would start too, but it’s been like this for a few weeks and nothing.

Latest posts