• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MaddiP

Bearded Dragon Egg
When I first got my beardie he had a stubby, crooked little tail...probably bitten off by another little bud. I honestly didn’t notice at first because he was so small. He had his first vet visit probably in February/ March (because I was paranoid about some other stuff) and the vet said that it had healed fine and looked okay. Probably about a month ago I had him on the carpet for the first time and noticed that the bent part of the tail was a little darker than the rest of the body. I don’t know too much about lizard health, but I kind of know what tail rot is and I am a huge worrier, so I’ve been keeping an eye on it...it hasn’t gone further up his tail as far as I can tell, and I’m not sure if it’s dark enough to be tail rot? Maybe that part of his tail is broken or something? Or it’s just the lighting/ background? I’m wondering if anyone can give me an answer before I go rushing into the vet. I’ve included pictures, including one where it’s right under his light. He’s mid tail shed right now so I hope it’s an accurate representation. Thanks so much!
5358BF7C-6F73-42E2-94C4-5E0BD873AA6F.jpeg
41EC07AC-987C-4F04-9F38-AB7B15B01828.jpeg
A8D86B5C-6F04-4285-B569-1DADC5DFF40F.jpeg

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
looks like stuck shed to me! nothing to worry about. try giving him some warm baths to help it come off. make sure it does come off though or it can lead to rot. if it isn’t coming off completely make a new post and i can help some more :) good luck!

Latest posts