• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MorbidChibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I hope someone will be able to answer my questions. I have a three year old beardie named Willamina, Willa for short. I acquired her at the start of the year from my brother who was moving to the other side of the country and couldn't take her with him. I've never owned a reptile before but I have been around them enough and felt confident that I would be able to look after her.

So far so good, at least until the end of August. Willa developed tail rot and she lost a tiny bit of the tip of her tail, but the vet was confident that with the treatment he sent home with me she would recover. As long as I kept an eye on the black mark on her tail.

I followed the steps and she seemed to make a recovery. The black line didn't get bigger or spread and the tail looked good.

Recently I've noticed that she was shedding the scales around the tip of her tail, I'm assuming it's because they where old scales and new ones are growing underneath. However what's left it very white scales. Is this normal? Am I worrying for nothing? Does she need to go back to the vets?

Her temperament and feeding habits are all normal.
IMG_20210928_190258.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I hope someone will be able to answer my questions. I have a three year old beardie named Willamina, Willa for short. I acquired her at the start of the year from my brother who was moving to the other side of the country and couldn't take her with him. I've never owned a reptile before but I have been around them enough and felt confident that I would be able to look after her.

So far so good, at least until the end of August. Willa developed tail rot and she lost a tiny bit of the tip of her tail, but the vet was confident that with the treatment he sent home with me she would recover. As long as I kept an eye on the black mark on her tail.

I followed the steps and she seemed to make a recovery. The black line didn't get bigger or spread and the tail looked good.

Recently I've noticed that she was shedding the scales around the tip of her tail, I'm assuming it's because they where old scales and new ones are growing underneath. However what's left it very white scales. Is this normal? Am I worrying for nothing? Does she need to go back to the vets?

View attachment 29906

Hello,

View attachment 29906

Hello,

View attachment 29906

Hello,

View attachment 29906
Pretty sure that will need to be amputated but definitely needs to be seen by an experienced reptile vet. Soaking in diluted betadine might help but a vet is really needed.

MorbidChibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pretty sure that will need to be amputated but definitely needs to be seen by an experienced reptile vet. Soaking in diluted betadine might help but a vet is really needed.
Thank you, I ended up reaching out to my vet lastnight. I still have the betadine and cream that I was given to treat it the first time, but I thought it might have to come off as well.

Latest posts