• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen toe! Help!

kkb95

Bearded Dragon Egg
I took my beardie out of her enclosure today and noticed her toe is swollen. Any idea what this could be?! She gets pretty rowdy in her enclosure sometimes. I’ve seen her dive off the side of her hammock in the past and her foot would get kind of stuck. Could the toe be broken? Please help! All of her other toes and limbs are fine, it’s just that one toe that’s swollen. Don’t have the funds to take her to a vet right now so any advice on what this is and how I can care for it will help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 6B657DA0-136C-48DE-BBFA-33FFD2929426.png
    6B657DA0-136C-48DE-BBFA-33FFD2929426.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 9D915446-045B-4AA8-AC2B-3310C9C45990.png
    9D915446-045B-4AA8-AC2B-3310C9C45990.png
    10.1 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took my beardie out of her enclosure today and noticed her toe is swollen. Any idea what this could be?! She gets pretty rowdy in her enclosure sometimes. I’ve seen her dive off the side of her hammock in the past and her foot would get kind of stuck. Could the toe be broken? Please help! All of her other toes and limbs are fine, it’s just that one toe that’s swollen. Don’t have the funds to take her to a vet right now so any advice on what this is and how I can care for it will help. Thanks!
It sounds like she got it caught in the hammock - and has sprained it - I often do not recommend hammocks or at least the mesh type - simply because of the that - you can look for a fleece or cloth one -- thay way there is less chance of them getting it caught -- just keep an eye on it -- if it starts to turn black etc get her into the vet