• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen toe and discoloring in the nails...

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is this normal? Just noticed it on my rescue as he is laying one me...
ec62231364bc2788bd16758ffcf0b675.jpg
bb31e1f29d70603cb89b2b0b873002ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks a tiny bit swollen but not that bad, but I don't know what your referring to as the discoloration of the nails...as they look like normal nails to me.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks like the toe might be getting ready to shed. They tend to look a little swollen when they are about to shed. As far as the nail color goes, it's perfectly fine to have one nail that is different than the rest. I don't think it means anything. He could have been born like that, or the nail could have fallen off and grown back like that.

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I wasn't sure... not used to having a dragon since they were little... and hdrydr31 I took your advice on my other guy who isn't eating with probotic but he still don't want to eat other then hornworms and butter worms... so it's like he won't eat for days but he don't seem to be losing weight... he is still active but poop isn't normal still... before we go back to vet for xrays and blood work you have any other ideas? He gets offered food everyday... greens I end up picking up out of his bowl and worms all over...

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I wasn't sure... not used to having a dragon since they were little... and hdrydr31 I took your advice on my other guy who isn't eating with probotic but he still don't want to eat other then hornworms and butter worms... so it's like he won't eat for days but he don't seem to be losing weight... he is still active but poop isn't normal still... before we go back to vet for xrays and blood work you have any other ideas? He gets offered food everyday... greens I end up picking up out of his bowl and worms all over...

well at least with the hornwoms he's hydrated and that may be what is with his poop is it all watery?? if so that's the hornworms as they are mostly water. Butterworms are treats as they are like beardie crack... and they will hold out for them if given the chance...

crystal leonard

Bearded Dragon Egg
He has a solid pop it's just lottle... I can't tell ya the last time he had a normal one... I don't let him live on the horn worms or butter worm... super worms are the only other thing he may eat if he eats... I don't know what todo

Latest posts