• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

switching substrate

macandham

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was thinking of switching my beardie to a tile substrate rather than the loose one he has right now and was wondering if anyone had any links to good tile substrates? so far, majority of ones i found tend to be in the US and i can’t find them on UK sites, so if anyone knows anything that’ll be great! i was thinking of a slate substrate as it keeps heat well.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i was thinking of switching my beardie to a tile substrate rather than the loose one he has right now and was wondering if anyone had any links to good tile substrates? so far, majority of ones i found tend to be in the US and i can’t find them on UK sites, so if anyone knows anything that’ll be great! i was thinking of a slate substrate as it keeps heat well.
Do you have any home improvement stores where you are? If so look there - hardware stores? You want a textured ceramic tile nothing coarse and nothing smooth - your dragon needs to be able to get traction but you dont want something thats going to give him abrasions on his feet or stomach -- it will need to be cut to the size of the tank inside measurements w/ a tile cutter --- you dont want jagged edges -- also do not seal or grout it -- you want to be able to get the tile out for cleaning- get some thick shop paper towels to put under the tile it will help w/ catching loose watery stool and easy to clean just pull the tile clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 replace the paper towel --

Attachments

• floor tile.jpg
    floor tile.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3