• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Supplements

Petey

Bearded Dragon Egg
I dont have a beardie yet but I plan on getting a baby and I plan on feeding it phoenix worms at first which aren't supposed to need a calcium powder on them but I was wondering if I should still dust the veggies, and if a vitamin D3 supplement is required if im using a uvb light.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
All good questions. If you are using a good UVB tube light then you don't really need a calcium with D3. I would still get a multivitamin with D3 though. I know that phoenix worms have a lot of calcium in them. I still like to dust them maybe every other day. I personally like the Repashy Calcium Plus because it has just enough of everything in it to use every day. I don't dust my veggies with supplements because it can be messy and if my dragon doesn't eat their salad or all of their salad then I just wasted the supplements. I do dust my salads with some bee pollen though, it's healthy for their immune system and it helps stimulate their appetite.

Latest posts