• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

superworms

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are keepers that do use them as their staple food, personally, I don't recommend them as a staple food without a frequent alternate feeder change up. Unfortunately, thDude, that list also says the same thing about Crix ;). Variety is always a good plan.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
superworms are used as a staple food by many owners and breeders. if your animals are healthy with proper mix of worms, fruits and veggies and they are pooping properly, superworms are fine.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
dont let people scare into thinking supers are dangerous because they are not. a little common sense and proper feeding habits are key. i feed my adults superworms every other day, no more than 10 at a time, and fruits and veggies are given everyday. i then offer hornworms as a supplement every two weeks. there are many different combinations of different foods you can feed. some like supers, some dont. mine also are good green eaters so they process superworms easily. if you have an animal that has abnormal bowel movements then you may want to try something else.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
There are keepers that do use them as their staple food, personally, I don't recommend them as a staple food without a frequent alternate feeder change up. Unfortunately, thDude, that list also says the same thing about Crix ;). Variety is always a good plan.
I just need to avoide trying to help haha. Least till I know a lot more

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just need to avoide trying to help haha. Least till I know a lot more
opinions are always welcome and all help is appreciated. its up to each individual to make up his or her own mind. besides, we don't mind yelling at ya:eek:

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
opinions are always welcome and all help is appreciated. its up to each individual to make up his or her own mind. besides, we don't mind yelling at ya:eek:
Been yelled at enough by SOME people, I would like to avoide it again :)

What I do know is that fire flies are deadly to dragons, so never ever feed them to a dragon.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Been yelled at enough by SOME people, I would like to avoide it again :)

What I do know is that fire flies are deadly to dragons, so never ever feed them to a dragon.
i see what you mean about getting yelled at, just read that thread. sorry bout that!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hehe it's over and done with, all is good. I remember eating some bug that made me sick while I was younger.

Good luck with the food

Latest posts