• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks. The breeder fed them dubia roaches. I guess I will have to find a supplier for the dubia roaches and super worms.

You can order a colony online and breed them in a tub. No smell and they can't climb smooth surfaces. And never have to order more again haha. Phoenix is picky when it comes to insects maybe yours is the same way

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
My hatchlings eat small super worms, they are about the size of mealworms at size small. Have had no issues with them moving their bowels ever and those are hatchlings. So I think it just depends on the size you order. Also if you decide to start a dubia colony it takes quite a few months for it to establish before you can feed out of it. Just some tips. Hope they help.

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for the replies. I really want them to eat the vegetables also. I wonder if I should hold off the insects for a day or two. Has anyone ever not feed their beardies insects for a few days? If so, what were the results?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've tried withholding bugs from Dexter but she still won't eat her salad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Me too Pasty,refuses! I've tried everything,I may look into getting vitamin drops or something since he won't eat his greens.

She used to love salad too and then she bit me while I was trying to feed her a strawberry and ever since then she's been hesitant. Sometimes I get her interested in blueberries and sometimes I can get her to eat a hornworm that has a piece of green attached. I've tried leaving salad in multiple places in her tank and walking away and NOTHING, she's such a stinker!

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
For those feeding their dragons various types of insects and worms, do you alternate feeding? Is there a day in the week where you don't feed at all?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I keep them guessing, LOL! With Dexter I try giving her everything until she decides to eat something. With Luci I switch it up, if I feel like going downstairs to get crickets, he gets those. If he gets crickets for breakfast I may feed him super worms or horn worms for lunch. I make an effort to feed them 2 times a day, I leave it up to them to decide if they want to eat or not. They do get fresh salads every morning.