• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate

JerZJohn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I have a 2 month old Sunfire BD. He came with a 20 gallon terrarium. It has some rocks attached to the back glass for different basking levels. However they had shredded aspen bark as the substrate. I know as a veiled Cham owner bark is a no no. I thought it was the same for a BD esp a baby but they said it was fine. I have seen him get some strands in his mouth when he chases down a rogue cricket. A lot of the posts I read here says no bark/substrate. So should I leave it? I was thinking to switch to reptile carpet. Is that better? If so, is there any difference between the Zoo Med/Zilla carpet then the ones you can get in a home improvement store? I appreciate your comments and feedback.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387581041.170267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387581065.836313.jpg

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I got the reptile carpet for mine when he was a baby and I still use it now. I got 2 pieces so there's one to use while the other is drying from being washed. Once you buy them they'll last a loooong time :) Dont know if theres a difference between that and stuff at hardware store tho. But definitely get that bark out IMO too!

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
It's the tan colored kind?, lookin good! I absolutely love that rock shelf system along the back wall...looks like your baby does too :)

Latest posts