• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate?

sxesweets

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Getting really mixed reviews on what's good and what isn't so I thought I'd ask the people with experience...

What are my options and what makes them good/ bad choices?
Is the "shelf liner" I hear about that textured, non slip grip stuff?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will find that substrate is extremely controversial.

I'm not familiar with shelf liner. I know a couple of members use it. They'll be able to shed some light.

I like tile. It looks cool, it helps keep the nails under control, and it is easy to clean.

sxesweets

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Where would I find tile? Just any from Home Depot? Or something specialized? Anything with a natural finish?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Home Depot. Ceramic tile. You may want to consider a bit of a texture so your beardie feels a bit of a grip while running around.

Take your measurements and they will cut any pieces there if needed.

What I recommend doing is laying down papertowels. Place the tile on top. Make sure the fit is tight. You don't want tiles sliding around or your dragon's nails getting wedged inbetween. Replace the papertowels as needed and clean the tiles as needed. It makes cleanup a breeze. Just lift the tiles and clean!

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I took the advise of several people here and went with tile in both Chuck's and Razz's cage and we all love it. I like it because it is really easy to clean. It just wipes clean and the babies seem to like it as well, they lay on it and Chuck will often sleep stretch out right in the middle of the title. We used tile that matches our floor so we look all coordinated ;) ;)... And Lowes cut them to fit for us... As you can tell I really like the title thing.....

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad it has worked out for you. And yes, for a quick clean up, you can use the sensitive baby wipes....EASY!

Latest posts