• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stuck Shed on Spikes (Please help)

LNFbabies

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Beardie Nancy is 2 years old. She recently had a shed and I am concerned about the stuck shed on her spikes. My other 2 beardies have no issues with shed on their spikes like her. I am scared I failed to notice that she already had stuck shed and has more shed over them. I tried to bath her every day for 2 weeks to get it off, I have tried to gently pull it off with a tooth brush. She doesnt let me pick it either. I really want these to come off and I want a way to prevent it because right now it looks like its squeezing her spikes and I am scared theyre gonna fall off. Please please help.

Basking area/uvb temperature is 60° with a cool side in a 40 gallon tank. Eats Dubias and Crickets dusted with calcium. Eats Butter lettuce, romain lettuce and chicory. I give them water to drink from a spray bottle when they are not bathing. Please I want to fix this I am so worried.

Attachments

• 20210713_175930~2.jpg
    20210713_175930~2.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210713_175939~2.jpg
    20210713_175939~2.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 64

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Those get stuck on my girl too, sometimes shedding does take a long time, my girl shed the tip of her tail for a month and a half, it’s important when helping with shed to never pull it straight off, always pry underneath the shed, from the pictures it looks like you can get them off just fine, use a pair of tweezers like this , you dont want the tip to be too pointy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62

BOOTIECUTIE76$

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ya know my guy is having issues this time to. My 3rd time w him since had him. He a great boy. But he came from a bad shop. But that's OK we will keep on. So 4 am I soaked him as he was filthy w skin stuck and constipation as a he a stunted beard mister. But he grows just slower. So I said screw the standard toothbrush and went for the battery operated one. He was in heaven. Skin eased off and he was lmao

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My Beardie Nancy is 2 years old. She recently had a shed and I am concerned about the stuck shed on her spikes. My other 2 beardies have no issues with shed on their spikes like her. I am scared I failed to notice that she already had stuck shed and has more shed over them. I tried to bath her every day for 2 weeks to get it off, I have tried to gently pull it off with a tooth brush. She doesnt let me pick it either. I really want these to come off and I want a way to prevent it because right now it looks like its squeezing her spikes and I am scared theyre gonna fall off. Please please help.

Basking area/uvb temperature is 60° with a cool side in a 40 gallon tank. Eats Dubias and Crickets dusted with calcium. Eats Butter lettuce, romain lettuce and chicory. I give them water to drink from a spray bottle when they are not bathing. Please I want to fix this I am so worried.
Just use a pair of tweezers and pull from the tip of the spike. Give her a warm soak in her bath. You can buy shed ease if you still cant get it off. There are some tutorials on you tube

Latest posts