• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stray dogs

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was outside and these two dogs ran to me. they were sooooo skinny they had fleas, and one of them had 27 ticks on her ears. I am taking them in and feeding them and i put a doggie bed out on the porch. They seem very nice, but my dog pete um... well, he likes the girls. lol.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
amazing how animals always seem to find the suckers that will take them in and care for them. You going to keep them or find them a new home?

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i am gonna keep the puppy and give the big dog to my friend, jimmy.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
amazing how animals always seem to find the suckers that will take them in and care for them. You going to keep them or find them a new home?

This is SO true. Seems they know we're a sucker for animals. I can't tell you how many strays have made their way to our house.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It seems like I am always finding something that is hungry or lost but has a tag. I even had a dog run up to me when I was at a friends house. He had a tag so I called his owners. Dont know how they know but they do.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Same here. For a while there every animal we had had something wrong with it or a body part missing. We used to live near a farm and every unwanted cat was dropped there. The thought being that they would be happy living in the barn catching mice. The reality was they would get hit by a car on the busy road that crossed from my house to that farm. Our first one showed up with such an infected eye that it was blue and would burst when the pressure became too great . She was skinny and had a tail that I had to shave to remove the burrs. The first time I heard her throw up I ran to her and watched as she threw up a stomach full of dried leafs and pine needles. That was 16 years ago and I still love her best of all of them and she does not like anyone but me. We had to remove that eye and she has not missed it. Blackie was either born deformed or she had injured her paw being hit by a car. But she lived with us for 16 years as well. She just recently passed away. :'( Zach. our dog, had 3 legs after being hit by a train. He lived 14 years that way and was just fine. We had a one eyed bunny named Floppy Joe. He was a GIANT!!!! He lived 6 years. Our saddest stories are the mother cat who proudly showed us her kittens and after being tested had feline leukemia. All died within 2.5 years. Another we called Crybaby suddenly became ill with what looked like rabies. We had him put down and drove his decapitated head to a lab to find out. He did not have them. (Thank you, Jesus)!!! we had all been in close contact with him. After that all rescues were taken to the vet, checked for leukemia and given shots before we found suitable homes. I have no regrets. :)

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
we've had so many stray dogs during my life. we have an invisible sign that says "strays welcome". a few years ago we had a jack russell who was running around in the snow. i called her lucy because i have another dog named desi. we found her a home. we also had a pom/chow mix named rowdy. two stray cockatiels. random cats. even a pigeon.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow. every dog that i have had in my life except for lanie ws a stray