• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange poop

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi friends,
I wanted to know about this yellow part of the poop .. It's first appeared today. He ate dubia and Superworms by poop .. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• 20211110_110510.jpg
    20211110_110510.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20211110_110635.jpg
    20211110_110635.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like he’s getting way to much calcium, back off his vitamins and supplements a bit, is it hard? Another sign of too much, the white stuff (urate) should always be soft and liquidy

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
זה נראה כאילו הוא מקבל הרבה יותר מדי סידן, מוריד קצת את הוויטמינים והתוספים שלו, האם זה קשה? עוד סימן ליותר מדי, החומר הלבן (אורט) צריך תמיד להיות רך ונוזל ארוחה.. אני אפסיק עם זה
The substance in white was soft .. but the yellow substance was hard, I really put vitamins in it at every meal .. I will stop with that
Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The substance in white was soft .. but the yellow substance was hard, I really put vitamins in it at every meal .. I will stop with that
Thank you.
Unless she is not eating her salads you dont need to give vitamins every day and the dragon is adult - if the dragon is a baby vitamins w/ beta carotene should be given 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- watch the poop in the next couple of days and see what it does other wise it looks good

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unless she is not eating her salads you dont need to give vitamins every day and the dragon is adult - if the dragon is a baby vitamins w/ beta carotene should be given 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- watch the poop in the next couple of days and see what it does other wise it looks good
the bearded dragon At 4 months old, I currently bring him vitamins every day but I will reduce to twice a week as you say. Another little question how do you identify by poop that it is an excess of vitamins?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the bearded dragon At 4 months old, I currently bring him vitamins every day but I will reduce to twice a week as you say. Another little question how do you identify by poop that it is an excess of vitamins?
Too much calcium or vitamins will make the outside edges of the urate orange / yellowish--- can also make it hard -- in your case the little guy pooped out a big poop of the orange -- cut back on it and see what it does -- you want poop dark formed and moist -- urate white formed and moist --- if he poops out excess water thats good just means hes hydrated

Adiryacobi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Too much calcium or vitamins will make the outside edges of the urate orange / yellowish--- can also make it hard -- in your case the little guy pooped out a big poop of the orange -- cut back on it and see what it does -- you want poop dark formed and moist -- urate white formed and moist --- if he poops out excess water thats good just means hes hydrated
Pleasure Thank you very much!

Latest posts