• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

storing sand ?

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
I sifted through 2 bags of sand and only 1 bag will be put into the tank. I like to bake my sand before i put it in just to be sure its clean. My question is : is it ok to bake and store the unused sand in a rubbermaid container until later or should i just wait to bake the 2nd bag until im ready to use it ?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would only bake what I was going to use now because even being stored in a Rubbermaid tub you would want to re-bake it again when you got ready to use it. Rubbermaid tubs are not air tight so storing stuff in them doesn't keep them free of molds, bacteria, etc which is why you bake in the first place.
Just my opinion:)

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Yea i only baked 1 bag. I was thinking the same thing about the container. Well at least the other bag is sifted through .

Ryuu seems pretty content just basking on her log right now :) Its been over a month since shes had sand and her log. So glad the coccidia's gone. :D She was kinda quite when i first put her in but she ate a whole bowl of greens and was digging around for a bit now shes just chillin. Ill have to keep an eye on her temps for a couple days. My fingers are crossed that she doesnt get stressed out .

Latest posts