• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stopped Eating?

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I own an orange beardie, 8 mos old. And I'm scared!
He quit eating a 10 days ago, is close to a window, good weight, I bath him 2 X
/week.
He has pooped so he is empty inside. But his urate was yellow not the usual white.
He did drink from the bath about 5 days ago.
He is awake during the day and basking about half as much as usual.
He is on repticarpet and paper towels laid out flat. At night I crumple up
some paper towelling for him to hide under to sleep.
I keep arugula with calcuim dust in there for him and offer superworms 2X
daily, but won't eat at all.I have offered all diff vegs, salads, bugs, other worms, etc. - nothing interests him. Had a fecal test - fine.
Could it just be that he has reached sexual maturity?
12 hrs/day of UV light and heat, cool, lights off at night.
I have raised the temperture on basking from 90 F to 100 F.
Thank you for your assistance, appreciate it!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It could be the start of brumation. How long ago did you do the fecal?

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Fecal done today, clear. He's awake though, still basking, only sleeps at night.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what is his length and weight? that will be a big determination on if this is indeed brumation

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He's abput 16" long, don't know the weight, but well fed and fat. Thick tail, etc.
Stil wide awake during the day, even after a week and a half.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He might, but I think that if you change up his staples to something else, he most likely will start at it again. My 8 month old + Orion, is over 20" long, and over 500 grms. He just started slowing down on the eating, and staying longer and longer in his blankie, until not even a super worm would convince him to come out.. At that point, fecal clear, I just turned off his lights, and let him be.. I've only woken him up once since then ( going on 16 days now I think), and got the grump from him.. I almost thought he grunted his discontent at me !
anyways, do try to offer something else to tempt his appetite.
Janie.

Latest posts