• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stopped eating

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Guys,

Can you please help me out? My beardie stopped eating and is running up and down the viv and keep scratching at the glass literally trying to climb out of it. Temperatures are correct, bulbs are not old, poop is normal too and no changes have been done to viv. She is around 7 months old.

The only change is that I have tried to feed her dubia roaches like week ago for the first time(I heard they are good staple and I wanted to give her something else then crickets locust and worms). She was always killing herself for anything that moved and all of a sudden she is not interested in anything.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
to correct myself she is willing to eat wax worm but nothing else.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He probably just wants to come out and run around to get rid of some energy. do you have a room or an area that is safe from escape, safe from him eating anything that he can run around? That's what I do with my Izzy she has a room that is all safe and I let her run around I have a basking lamp set up over a rock stack and when she's cold she goes and warms up then she's off again..

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was under the impression that she is trying to get out and have a run around but everytime I take her out she just runs back to he viv.

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
I'd try putting her in the bath tub, somewhere she can run around in without escape or view of her cage. My tegu did the exact same thing, and even rubbed a few of his front scales off, which was a pain to treat.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes it just takes time for them to feel comfy in their surroundings do you have background on your enclosure? I know that helped calm mine down so she didn't see everything that is around her tank nor her reflection, and lots of places to hide.

Rob

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, I need to stick some posters around the viv i tried to block her view with some books as a quick fix but didnt help. She just seem uneasy and I triple checked temperatures bought new bulbs even took her to vet. Im hoping she is going trough some sort of puberty!

Latest posts