• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardienewbie

Hatchling Dragon
i have recently decided to start a cricket colony and wanted to know if i start one with using fishing bait shop crickets? it is far more convenient and easier to buy them rather than ordering them online. i put them in a container so they can eat and drink before giving them to my beardie

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
i have recently decided to start a cricket colony and wanted to know if i start one with using fishing bait shop crickets? it is far more convenient and easier to buy them rather than ordering them online. i put them in a container so they can eat and drink before giving them to my beardie
I think that would be a great idea! I used to get my crickets from a hunting shop and they were soooo much cheaper. Just make sure they can’t drown in the water. Good luck!

beardienewbie

Hatchling Dragon
I think that would be a great idea! I used to get my crickets from a hunting shop and they were soooo much cheaper. Just make sure they can’t drown in the water. Good luck!
i use fluker water gels and for now i put different leftover veggies until i get actual cricket food. they eat carrots almost as fast as people eat cotton candy.

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
i use fluker water gels and for now i put different leftover veggies until i get actual cricket food. they eat carrots almost as fast as people eat cotton candy.
Lol. That is exactly what I do!! Just make sure the food doesn’t get moldy or rot.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn’t use bait shop bugs for your lizards, or to start a colony, they get different kind of care compared to “feeder bugs” you specifically want feeder insects, and I would get a large tote like this (give it 20-100 tiny holes for ventilation) and give them either vermiculite perlite as a substrate and a small portion of potting soil slightly damp to lay eggs in, dont put a water dish, they’ll die in the smallest of puddles , always take out the dead or itll rot the eggs being layed, ive haven’t bred crickets cause they die easily, but i have had a female crickets lay some eggs in my roach bin, and they’re growing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts