• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Started new enclosure...

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I finally started the new enclosure for our soon to be new addition. We are one step closer. Just waiting on some stuff ordered online and some material to finish up and my daughter can pick out her new baby!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425859676.518817.jpg

This one is for the geckos.
This is for the new baby.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425859761.678417.jpg

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well. I'm easing my hubby into it too. LOL. He is definitely not the animal lover i am, and it seems that my daughter is taking after me in that regards. Haha. So this helps getting him used to the idea. Poor man.

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL. Finally!
Today I have to finagle a door for the gecko cage. My cats have trashed their screen top. One of the fatties sat on it and plopped through. Luckily the girls are in the moist hide. I have some acrylic sheet I used to protect our cabinet from our African grey, Buddy. I'm just going to use that somehow. It's not quite wide enough or tall enough. Thinking of making a window frame type door. No more screens the cats can mess with.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL. Finally!
Today I have to finagle a door for the gecko cage. My cats have trashed their screen top. One of the fatties sat on it and plopped through. Luckily the girls are in the moist hide. I have some acrylic sheet I used to protect our cabinet from our African grey, Buddy. I'm just going to use that somehow. It's not quite wide enough or tall enough. Thinking of making a window frame type door. No more screens the cats can mess with.

Cats are really something. We took my fluffy Persian Sasha for a lion cut and now she is real feisty. She's back to sitting in front of Luci's tank watching him all day. I caught her sitting on top of his tank the other morning. Luckily she's only like 6 pounds without fur so she's not real heavy. I also have to watch her because she's showing some hunting instincts towards Luci when he is out of the tank. Before she would just sit and watch him and maybe follow him but now she looks like she wants to jump him! She's also been attacking her sister :(

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My cat does the same thing. She loves the heat. She can sleep in our beds on our couches etc. but she like to choose every place she is not aloud the little stinker. That is why I like using the reptile stands I duck tape the wires and light to it since I am afraid of her knocking down the CHEs are night or while we are not home and catching the place on fire.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the enclosure :)

@PatsyB I love Persians in a lion cut they are so cute! My cousin has two and keeps them in the lion cut too. They are adorable.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My cat does the same thing. She loves the heat. She can sleep in our beds on our couches etc. but she like to choose every place she is not aloud the little stinker. That is why I like using the reptile stands I duck tape the wires and light to it since I am afraid of her knocking down the CHEs are night or while we are not home and catching the place on fire.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the enclosure :)

@PatsyB I love Persians in a lion cut they are so cute! My cousin has two and keeps them in the lion cut too. They are adorable.

She hates being brushed, it's just so much easier to cut it all off!

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I messed up the door. Miter cuts suck. LOL I will have to wait until payday for getting new plexiglass and order another w channel. (Didn't order enough the first go round). Plus I need to get some finishing pieces to make the cabinet all purdy.

I think I'm gonna have to watch the cats very closely with the beardie. Mine like to hunt mice. Living in the country as we do, field mice like to join us every once in a while and my girls take care of the unwelcome visitors. As it is I have to lock them in my room when I let the birds out. So I guess we'll do the same for he beardie.

I did finally move the enclosure where it is supposed to be. We have a nook that's supposed to be for a desk, but in a higher traffic area, so not good for a desk. My house is weird. Don't know what the former owners were thinking.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426097552.122176.jpg

I've never seen a Persian in a lion cut. I can imagine it and it looks really cute in my head. I can see how that would be easier to manage than trying to brush an unwilling cat. Hehe

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Here's my girl Sasha, it's hard to get her to sit still!
20150311_071816.jpg 20150228_142115.jpg

It's funny you say that about your house. My brother lives in Wisconsin and his house was built before houses had bathrooms. So the bathroom was added on. Now his bathroom has 3 doors, one to the basement, one to the kitchen and one to the outside back stairs!

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is one cyoote kitty! She doesn't look too thrilled at the camera though. LOL. I say that a lot about my house and it was built in 1997! No linen closets, no storage period. A weird room that doesn't belong etc. they even put the French doors on backwards so that the hinges are outside. If I could afford it, I'd gut the house and redo everything, to include built in enclosures for the birds and the lizards.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That is one cyoote kitty! She doesn't look too thrilled at the camera though. LOL. I say that a lot about my house and it was built in 1997! No linen closets, no storage period. A weird room that doesn't belong etc. they even put the French doors on backwards so that the hinges are outside. If I could afford it, I'd gut the house and redo everything, to include built in enclosures for the birds and the lizards.

Thanks! We call her the baby because she is so small but she's like 14 years old, LOL! She hates pictures. I caught her sitting nice looking into Luci's tank the other day night when his lights went out and I tried to take a picture but she ran. You would think by now she would know she has 60 seconds for me to take a photo before I start yelling at her!

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here's my girl Sasha, it's hard to get her to sit still!
View attachment 11858 View attachment 11859

It's funny you say that about your house. My brother lives in Wisconsin and his house was built before houses had bathrooms. So the bathroom was added on. Now his bathroom has 3 doors, one to the basement, one to the kitchen and one to the outside back stairs!

Oh my... cute alert. She doesn't look happy with her new hair cut lol. I love the look on the persian cats faces. They are so cute.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh my... cute alert. She doesn't look happy with her new hair cut lol. I love the look on the persian cats faces. They are so cute.

Oh no, she loves her hair cut because then she can get into more trouble! She's just mad I was taking her picture!

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Finally warm weather to cut the tiles. Got the doors on. Just waiting on new heat pads for geckos. As soon as I do the sliding doors for beardie and cut tiles, we are all set to go to find us a new baby!

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I forgot pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426453701.445139.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426453721.245747.jpg

Oh and we are gonna make the front look nice. We are gonna use wood veneer, but are waiting on that to come in mail.

Oh and never ever am I gonna make hinged doors ever again...what was I thinking? Geckos have had to have a board on the top of their cage for now. Poor girls are not happy right now.

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Geckos in their new home.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426470806.142012.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426470847.794951.jpg

Hubby accidentally broke one of the plexiglass pieces for the beardie part. Have to got get more tomorrow. Then that part will be done, just the finish will need done and add the new heat mat that's coming in Tuesday. Using an old one for now. We almost done!

Latest posts