• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Special needs bearded dragon, Minx. RIP. VIDEO

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Having read several of your threads on another forum im not sure you want Me to comment on this post in this forum.
Your dragon passed because you refused to listen to good advise. Thats the bottom line.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the reason we all say not to house them together. I also saw in you video that your male is aggressive to your female. That is another ticking time bomb right there.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a tragedy. I am sorry for your loss, but hopefully, we can all learn from this experience and prevent it from happening to another innocent dragon.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First of all, sorry for your loss, really I cant imagine what it must feel like.

Then, yes I unfortunately have to agree with TheWolfmanTom , If advise was given, and believe me the people on this forum know what they are talking about. Me I'm still learning daily. And you did not heed to given advise, Then basically it was just a matter of time.

I hope you will do something about the other two ASAP before you have to go through this again.

RIP little Minx, may you now have the peace you deserve.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that. RIP Minx.

Again, if good advise was given, you should have used it. It could have prevented what is now done. You don't know how bad that damage could be till it's too late.

I've had my babies housed together once, and I thought they were fine. I was advised to seperate them asap, so I did. One day, I put them together because one's light burnt out, and I didn't want to leave one a day without heat. I was home that day. I was watching my babies for a while, then one of them struck out. I had to actually go IN their cage and pull the aggressive one off the other. This shows how fast things can happen, and you might not be there to stop it.

There was another time when one of the babies got into the other babies' cage/side (I have a tank dividing into 2 with a piece of cardboard), that I saw when I got home. I took out the baby that didn't belong on that side, and noticed he had a cut. Luckily it wasn't serious and was treated which healed in time.

Moral of the story, do not take a risk when the risks are high. Listen to good advice when you know it's good for you. Most of us hobbyists experienced these kinds of things, or similar.

It may be a minor injury, it may be a serious injury. It may even cost a life. In your case it cost the life of an innocent baby, because of the precautions you did not take.

We live and we learn.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I feel sorry that Minx had to go through all that, may her little soul rest in peace. However, I am pretty annoyed that you were unwilling to do what needed to be done and heed advice from people who knew what they were talking about. You mentioned people were donating money to the baby, why is it that some of that money couldn't have purchased some new lights. My conclusion is that you had no business picking up Minx in the first place. I would have waited until a proper tank setup was available for her.

Latest posts