• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Soooffft material!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Does anyone else's BD have a love for soft, squishy fabrics and materials? Willow loves snuggling up to anything warm and soft and go to sleep :p i find it really sweet how she's a desert lizard but really seeks comfort in things like towels and old t-shirts!

heres her latest snuggle friend, i bought her this blanket yesterday and she hasn't been apart from it since

249104_3192375460363_1365433680_n.jpg

She keeps closing her eyes and snuggling her head into it :') so cute!

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
What kind of materials can you put in there. Are they likely to cuddle up to it? I really want to try it. Nice pic of Willow ;)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
adorable!!!! lol i love it!!!! :) my beardie loves soft material as well, he burrows his head in2 it, wiggling his butt 2 get comfy & falls asleep! after a bath i always wrap him in a towel & he always does this! very, very cute!!! :p

Pat B

Super Moderator
What is that stuff below the dragon? Something to do with bamboo?? Next time I give my beardie a bath I am going to try this and see if he stays put....probably not....he is too skitterish....lol!!

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Does anyone else's BD have a love for soft, squishy fabrics and materials? Willow loves snuggling up to anything warm and soft and go to sleep :p i find it really sweet how she's a desert lizard but really seeks comfort in things like towels and old t-shirts!

heres her latest snuggle friend, i bought her this blanket yesterday and she hasn't been apart from it since

She keeps closing her eyes and snuggling her head into it :') so cute!
Hey Em, what is the bamboo thing that Willow is siting on? Where did you buy it? She looks happy there. ;)

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Awww Yaddle's such a sweetheart! :D @Pat B & Sircactuscat its a small animal bridge! not intended for reptiles but i hoisted it up with some garden twine around some metal hooks and eyes embedded into the wood of her viv :)

557234_2861684353292_363272278_n.jpg

Mairzee Dotes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Think I will try this too. I know they do seem to really like to be held in the towel after a bath.
Must keep the material away from the heat light though lest it start a fire in there.
I love the looks of the little lounges etc I see here & there too.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Think I will try this too. I know they do seem to really like to be held in the towel after a bath.
Must keep the material away from the heat light though lest it start a fire in there.
I love the looks of the little lounges etc I see here & there too.
I've heard of people putting stuffed animals in with them too. They really like to snuggle and lay on them :)

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I have a slight issue on this subject that maybe some one can help me with. I was laying on my bed with Slice on my chest and he ran off of me and snuggled his little face into the blanket and fell asleep. So I thought i'd put a small sock in the tank. He ran to the other side and started fighting to get out of the tank. I took the sock out and bought him a little bed with fur in it from the small animal section at the pet store. Same reaction. I know he likes the soft material but for some reason not in his tank. Is there a solution to this or should I just wait and try again when he's a little older.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
he's probably just not use 2 it. its something new, just give it time & he shud adjust & snuggle right up in it! :) cute idea 2 get a fuzzy bed btw.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I'm going to change him to my 75 gallon next week so i'll probably just wait and put the bed in then that way it's not so crowded in there and he can stay away from it if he wants until he get's used to it. Thanks for the advice :) I think the little bed was like $6.99.

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
I've heard of people putting stuffed animals in with them too. They really like to snuggle and lay on them :)

I put in a stuffed toy with my female Siph- she sleeps snuggled up to it every single night and if I left her out- she heads straight for stuffed toys to bury herself in under them.

Latest posts