• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Something to bask on

Stacy07

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have an adult male beardie that needs something new in his tank to bask on top of he currently has a cork log that I prop up for him to get as high as he likes. I personally hate the cork log because it rolls and stinks (I have to soak it in hot hot water often). The big box stores just don't sell things to bask in for an adult. Looking for ideas and suggestions.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can use anything you like - as long as it's thoroughly cleaned ! branches and tree parts from outside need to be soaked in a chlorine solution, then soaked to remove the chlorine then baked. that's the recommendation. rocks need to be boiled (not baked - they can explode !!!) or - you can craft your own. you can use styrofoam to build a tower, then cover it with grout. or try a hammock. or - heck - even a cardboard box cut to fit (which can double as a hide)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can use anything you like - as long as it's thoroughly cleaned ! branches and tree parts from outside need to be soaked in a chlorine solution, then soaked to remove the chlorine then baked. that's the recommendation. rocks need to be boiled (not baked - they can explode !!!) or - you can craft your own. you can use styrofoam to build a tower, then cover it with grout. or try a hammock. or - heck - even a cardboard box cut to fit (which can double as a hide)
Great ideas!! You can also build some sort of ramp/platform deal with wood...

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I've seen some people use bricks and a strip of plywood or something which would give you a basking spot and a hide between bricks and under platform

Stacy07

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found a cave at Petsmart we are trying. I want to try my hand at building a styrofoam one. He has a hammock already too.

Latest posts