• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

some questions:)

Hope

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm completely new to bearded dragons and I just have a few questions on rocks and limbs. I have a few acres and plenty of great rocks from a creek on my property. Is there a safe way to include these rocks/limbs into the enclosure? A way to bake them or a cleaning product that should be used?

Thanks

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcometoBDF2.jpg

You can thoroughly clean (10% bleach) the rocks, thoroughly rinse, then Bake them for 30 Min at 300F. The branches, I wouldn't recommend the oven, it is porous so I don't recommend the bleach either, would be difficult to rinse thoroughly, but you could clean them well with water to remove all dirt & visible debris, dry them, then toss them in the freezer overnight.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i bake small rocks and limbs or boil them. but if too big i soak in a 20 to 1 water to bleach ratio in the bath tub. i let them soak for a few hours then rinse them off let them dry in the sun for a day then soak them in just water and let them dry in the sun for a week. at this point you shouldnt be able to smell the bleach. if you can just repeat the soaking and drying untill the bleach smell is compleatly gone!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I boil them if you can fit them in a pot... I worry about blowing up the oven or starting a fire.

Latest posts