• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

some of the natives from the expo

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys,

Just some badly taken pics of some of my countrymen.

Moloch horridus
P1010831.jpg

Egernia depressa
P1010835.jpg

Strophurus taenicauda
P1010844.jpg

Morelia spilota spilota
P1010852.jpg

Phyllurus cornutus
P1010840.jpg

Physignathus lesueurii lesueurii
P1010816.jpg

Chlamydosaurus kingii
P1010812.jpg

Varanus spenceri
P1010813.jpg

Finally the "king" of the desert Varanus giganteus
P1010806.jpg

Enjoy

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's a Horny Devil ! Interesting animal.. I've seen a program on Discovery, where it showed when placed into a pool of water (made by hand, water from a bottle) that this reptile will funnel water from it's belly to it's mouth, around those "thorns". Right interesting.. how true that is, I can't say, but I watched that water dribble around it's mouth and it licked the water.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow those r amazing animals...im a bit partial to the frillie lol...i didnt think you could keep thorny devils.?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
That's a Horny Devil ! Interesting animal.. I've seen a program on Discovery, where it showed when placed into a pool of water (made by hand, water from a bottle) that this reptile will funnel water from it's belly to it's mouth, around those "thorns". Right interesting.. how true that is, I can't say, but I watched that water dribble around it's mouth and it licked the water.

Very true janie, that is how they drink, there are capiliary muscles in their epidermis that funnel the water to their mouths.

beardielover17 said:
wow those r amazing animals...im a bit partial to the frillie lol...i didnt think you could keep thorny devils.?

You can't they are display animals from the Alice springs Desert Park. To be honest that was the first time I have seen one in the flesh as well. It's a truly amazing specimen. The frillie Candice would have been at least 2.5 foot long with a head about 6 inches in diameter.

Craiger, that's the Perentie, the largest monitor we have (though that one is a juvie), they get about 9 feet long. Apex predator of the arid inlands.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am moving down there with you Francis...you have all the cool lizards there.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
Craiger, that's the Perentie, the largest monitor we have (though that one is a juvie), they get about 9 feet long. Apex predator of the arid inlands.

Wow! I didn't realize they get that big. VERY cool!

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Red Ink AUS said:

Yeah love the Perentie's one of the truly smartest reptiles on the planet. We can keep them as pets by the way (in some states) lol. If BDs ever had nightmares this guy would be on top of the list, they find BDs real tasty.

If you want to know more about them check out a doco called "lizard kings" Australia.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
Craiger said:
Red Ink AUS said:

Yeah love the Perentie's one of the truly smartest reptiles on the planet. We can keep them as pets by the way (in some states) lol. If BDs ever had nightmares this guy would be on top of the list, they find BDs real tasty.

If you want to know more about them check out a doco called "lizard kings" Australia.

Will do! Thanks, Francis.

Latest posts