• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some Dubia Questions (Heating)

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys,

I've been reading up a lot on dubia, preparing for some to arrive. I have a few questions though concerning the heating source. Okay:

1. The heating pad- If I decide to get a heating pad:
-Which side should I keep it on (food or egg crate)?
-Can I keep it on the carpet or will it start a fire?
-If so is wood okay?
-How do I know how hot it gets?
-Does it go on the inside or outside of the enclosure?

2. Heat tape- I'm new to heat tape and don't quite understand it.
-How expensive is it?
-Where do I tape it to (Enclosure of a piece of wood)?
-I read that I need to put a piece of wood under the enclosure, is plywood okay?

3. Are there any other types of heating source for these guys thats safe/effective?

If you could answer these or some of them that would be great!!! Thanks

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I heat my roaches with a lamp. I cut out the center of the lid on my bin and hot glued screen to both sides. I put a heat lamp on the egg crate side and put food on cool side and water gel in the center. I use a 75 watt blacklight bulb.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ahhh, I have an infrared heat lamp do you think that would suffice?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I heat my roaches with a lamp. I cut out the center of the lid on my bin and hot glued screen to both sides. I put a heat lamp on the egg crate side and put food on cool side and water gel in the center. I use a 75 watt blacklight bulb.
what size is your bin

socalroaches

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have done the heat lamp before, works good. But any heat source you use for your roaches, put it opposite side of their food and water.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
can you guys post some pics of your bins so we can have a clear idea because i have look on youtube and google and when they do their bins with screen lids they just cut the screens in the middle of the top
Have u checked out "How 2 do roaches" in the Bearded Dragon Diet section?

Latest posts