• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So I want to learn.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
I want to know how to do tile in my tank. What do I use to seal it, what kind of tile is recommended. Stuff like that. If anyone can tell me how to do it step by step that'd be amazing or give me a website. Reptile carpet is just a pain to clean and annoying to buy all the time lol Much appreciated!!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not sure about all the step by step answers (I use non-adhesive shelf liner), but I know that you shouldn't use the really smooth tile. I would suggest the textured tile. And that's all I can help you with there, lol.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
lol well at least it's a start!! Do you know the name of the brand of shelf liner you used? Building a shelf would be nice for her too. I want to make her viv perfect

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There isn't a specific brand that I use. I just pick it up from Walmart (they have them at Home Depot and Big Lots too, or just about anywhere) and get the one with no holes, no glue on the bottom and don't get the really smooth one. I love to use it and it's really cheap. Plus when they poo, all you have to do is wipe it up. So easy to clean! Oh plus, get the wide roll because you can cut it to fit whatever size tank you might have!

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Ok awesome! I'm sure my dad can help with the rest I just didnt know what kind of tile or adhesive to get. dont want to hurt my baby. im just so tired of reptile carpet lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That's why I never went to reptile carpet. Seemed like a nasty process.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah I might just build my own viv cuz it's so much cooler and more personal if that makes sense

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Makes lots of sense, I'm just too lazy. I would have to build at least 3 if I started that lol.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
It's a good tutorial just I need the demensions of the plywood and I don't really understand the wiring part. I guess it can be a little more descriptive. The demensions of the plexi glass would be amazing too but I doubt he remembers :(

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All the dimensions for the cut plywood pieces are there, other than for the front. The Plexi Glass dimension will vary depending on how high you make the bottom inside board to hold substrate & set the track on. That is something you cut to fit while building. The wiring is only 2 wires attached to the screws or twisted & taped to another 2 wires for the plug. There has to be a little common sense used. I think that he did quite a good job in his descriptions. I mean, if he has to give instructions on how to pull the trigger on the drill, maybe you shouldn't attempt it ;).

Latest posts