• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Smelly Dragon!

SaraS54

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone!
So I have two beardies. A (roughly) 8 year old male named Carl and I recently rescued another, female, named Daenerys. Now Daenerys STINKS and I mean she absolutely hums. We’ve had her for roughly 3 weeks now. I clean their tanks (spot) every day, fresh water, check for poops etc. I’ve washed her carpet 3 times because of this smell, thoroughly dry it out, deep cleaned everything 3 times in the last week and the smell won’t leave. It’s making my entire front room smell! It’s like an old pee smell!!

Before us she was kept in a too small tank, had no UVB, had never eaten any greens/fruit/veg, no vitamins, had one hammock, some really questionable old bark flooring, her heat lamp was way too powerful and she just slept all day. She was described by the guy as ‘chilled’ but I knew that wasn’t the case. She needed to come home with us! I nearly cried when I saw the state of her and her viv. He had no idea what he was doing!
She’s in a nearly new viv that I already owned and cleaned out thoroughly before she came back to us. Is it her that stinks because of how she was kept before? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the smell? Could it be the tank? I’m reluctant to spend £80+ on a new tank if that’s not the issue.
I’ve attached a picture of her too from the day we got her!
Thanks in advance!! Sara x

Attachments

• FC0FB912-A334-4A72-9415-BA3E6FF9D1A7.jpeg
    FC0FB912-A334-4A72-9415-BA3E6FF9D1A7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22

Latest posts