• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Small for his age

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I got my first dragon in Aug. He was so tiny when I got him so I am figuring he was born in July. So he is about 6 months old and he only weighs 50 grams. I have been talking to some people and their 6 month old weigh between 250-375 grams. I know there has been things I have done wrong due to being told the wrong info. But what could make him stay so small?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding him? What kind of light do you have? What are the temps in the Viv? It might just be his genetics

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
Well this is what he had.... I have had to replace everything cause it was all wrong

Before: Coil UVB Now: Fluorescent
Before: Basking Light Now: Flood Light
Before: Crickets and Mealworms Now: Dubias and Super Worms
Greens
I couldn't get the temps to stay right when I had his Basking light but now that I have switched to Flood light temps are good. I will be getting temp gun in the next day or so (waiting for it to arrive thro mail)

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
But I have knoticed since using the flood light, he don't bask much any more for the most part he stays on the cool side

Latest posts