• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slyder and Oscar updates

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today Slyder went back to the vet and she is up to 190g. She does not have to go back but he did send home a 3rd treatment for her in 2 weeks. Oscar has started to shed on his face so I will finally see what color he really is soon!!! I gave him a bath to help with the shedding and he is pissed!!! He is full bearding me, black, puffed and mouth open. What I have learned, when Oscar sheds, he is a grump, does not want to be touched or looked at, and hates baths. I have some pictures I will post later in the pic section.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yah, many are grumps when shedding.

It is real important to make sure, even though he doesn't like it, to bath him while on meds. If it is an antibiotic also make sure you are giving acidophilus.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ever have your skin peel? It sucks. Glad to see things are going well. We love to get updates!!!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the first shed Oscar has had since I have owned him so I was not sure how he was going to do. I figured he would be a grump b/c he is a grump every other day, but he has never puffed at me before. He even made a little noise when he did it. He is deff going to be getting a bath everyday until his shed is over, the faster he is finished the better life will be for us all.

Slyder is getting baths and good hydration foods everyday. She has started her, I'm not going to eat unless you mix in something good thing again. So she is getting ingested water rather then just absorbed water. The vet said if I can give her the last dose in 2 weeks there was no need for her to come back since she is so healthy.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I forgot how much Oscar weighs, I think it was 320g or 360g, he is not big I do remember that. Piggy, as of tonight, is up to 15.5 inches and 249g. My fragile baby is gone and I now have a healthy teenager!!!

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
li said:
Yah, many are grumps when shedding.

It is real important to make sure, even though he doesn't like it, to bath him while on meds. If it is an antibiotic also make sure you are giving acidophilus.

spike is a huge grump when he sheds.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I decided that I wanted to hold Oscar right now so I took a quick weight before wrapping him in a blanket so he could continue sleeping and he is only 341g

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got brave and took Piggy outside for the first time. She was doing great for a little while till something spooked her. She took off running...as far as her leash would let her...got FLAT and showed her full beard open mouth and all. It was pretty cool to see but then I felt kind of bad that she was so scared. There was no calming her after that so play time was cut short and back to her viv she went.

Oscar took the his playtime to taste some grass and take a poop. YAY one less poop I have to clean.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha! Yeah, poor Piggy, but their antics are comical. You can't help but laugh at them.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was funny but almost got bit too. Guess that is to be expected, she thinks she is about to be eaten them I bend down and pick her up. She looked funny with her front feet off the ground but still moving like she was running, mouth open, beard puffed, flat as a pancake.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol...glad you didn't get bit. Their little teeth hurt!

Here's to Piggy recovering from her near capture experience.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That sounds funny. Poor Piggy hope shes OK emotionally.

BTW what kinda leash do you use (maybe got a pic)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I made one out of an old pair of jeans that do not fit my daughter. I poked a little hole to attach the string. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. Here is a picture of Oscar wearing his.

oscar2-1.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah thanx, thats soo cool. Looks kinda like mine.

Its just I read on another forum (I think) that the kind I use is dangerous . . . can constrict breathing and kill them *looks up rolling eyes*
But idk, there are so many similar ones out there. So it cant be that bad. ??? The rope kinds seem to be as if theyll escape easilly from it, and some peeps talk about a kind that go just above the back legs, nothing else (Ive never seen one of these) And I fear that they can dislocate their hind legs if they try too hard to get away . . . . What do you think? Have you seen these ones? . And yesterday P was outside with me for 30 mins on her leash and her breathing seemed fine.
Just paranoid I guess

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i would not use somethimg that only went on the back legs. I use Oscars all the time and have not seen any breathing issues.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Finally found a hide for Miss Piggy that I liked. She seems to really like it too and spends a good amount of time hanging out on it. She is really turning into a little lady now and looking like a grown up more and more everyday.

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she is a poser...her is another one that I got a giggle out of
IMG_1929.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
O M G! That is hysterical. I can't tell if she is ready to do the Peewee Herman or trying to be seductive.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is soooo cute Sandra. Really nice pics

Latest posts