• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

slightly swollen eye

shazbaz123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so that's a multivit plus calcium... Primarily for birds..not saying that's a bad thing that's just what came up for me..
I would recommend getting him some calcium without D3 then some with D3 a multi vit and you may even want to get him on some probiotics to help restore his natural gut flora...
If you need examples please let me know also I do most of my ordering from (and I know you may not be able to get them from there but you'll have an idea of what most use) beardeddragon.co
I use Calcium with D3, calcium without D3, probiotics, dandelion powder, alfalfa powder and a good multivit (not all at the same time mind you :) )
yes please a list of the things you get would be great.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for this, I'm going to try and invest in some dubia roaches but i have no idea where to get them from so i will have to do some digging. Due to his morioworm obsession I've stopped feeding them him and just started feeding only locusts and veg. I might try silkworms or waxworms if i can get them here
Some places Dubia are illegal but discoid roaches are legal they are pretty much the same except discoid are bigger.. But if you are able to order online do and have a read on the general info link below my comments as I've written up info on how to have your own colony..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes please a list of the things you get would be great.
They are all from beardeddragon.co so if you go to their website under supplements you'll find them all
Calcium with D3, Calcium without D3, Alfalfa powder, Dandelion powder, probiotic powder and lastly Rep-cal Herptivite multivit

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank

Thank you. Could it be lack of supplements that's caused the underneath of his eye to swell as this is the primary cause of me posting in the forum.
That's really hard to say that's why I've not said anything. It could be lack of supplements that he's needing.. But I do think it can be from the sand, how long has it been since he's been on the sand? if any got in his eye and even though your putting drops in it could have scratched :( It may be a long process to heal. It could be infected now causing the swelling.. If it doesn't get any better get him checked so he doesn't loose the eye

shazbaz123

Bearded Dragon Egg
It hasn't been that long it's been less than a week, I know its only been a few hours since i put the drops in but I'm sure there is already a slight difference in the swelling. I'm going to keep up with the saline solution for a week or so, if there is no significant change a visit to the vets will be in order.
There is no discharge or anything coming from his eye so this is a good sign

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It hasn't been that long it's been less than a week, I know its only been a few hours since i put the drops in but I'm sure there is already a slight difference in the swelling. I'm going to keep up with the saline solution for a week or so, if there is no significant change a visit to the vets will be in order.
There is no discharge or anything coming from his eye so this is a good sign
That's a good thing that there is no discharge, I'm really glad he's off the sand! sounds like your on the good track and your little one will be fine :) Keep flushing it and hopefully that will get any loose sand out if any is still in there, allowing for the eye to heal.

shazbaz123

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's a good thing that there is no discharge, I'm really glad he's off the sand! sounds like your on the good track and your little one will be fine :) Keep flushing it and hopefully that will get any loose sand out if any is still in there, allowing for the eye to heal.
How often would you use the saline solution. I was thinking once daily but i could be easily wrong. I put 3 drops in.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How often would you use the saline solution. I was thinking once daily but i could be easily wrong. I put 3 drops in.
If it were my dragon I would likely do it 2-3 times a day.. it's saline so really no harm but flushing....I'm no vet so....but I was in health care for 15+ years and it must feel good to have some lubrication to an irritated eye..

shazbaz123

Bearded Dragon Egg
If it were my dragon I would likely do it 2-3 times a day.. it's saline so really no harm but flushing....I'm no vet so....but I was in health care for 15+ years and it must feel good to have some lubrication to an irritated eye..

okay thank you, i will keep you up to date with Rangos recovery

shazbaz123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys,
Rango's new basking bulb came today and I was told that the one I was getting should be fine (arcadia 50w halogen basking spot light) but it seems to have an orange tint rather than be white, is this normal? Also I'm pretty sure he's too close to it should I replace his log with a rock for him to lay on?
I'll post a pic of his set up.

Also you mentioned his fat pads looked sunken in, well this morning before I bathed him I noticed one was raised and the other wasn't, is this normal?
20160824_105614.jpg
20160824_105711.jpg

Can't really see it on the photos but it is

Sorry for them being blurry

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
The bulb looks way too close I'd be worried it may burn him. Is there anyway you could raise it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi guys,
Rango's new basking bulb came today and I was told that the one I was getting should be fine (arcadia 50w halogen basking spot light) but it seems to have an orange tint rather than be white, is this normal? Also I'm pretty sure he's too close to it should I replace his log with a rock for him to lay on?
I'll post a pic of his set up.

Also you mentioned his fat pads looked sunken in, well this morning before I bathed him I noticed one was raised and the other wasn't, is this normal?
View attachment 15322 View attachment 15323

Can't really see it on the photos but it is

Sorry for them being blurry
yea I can see that and I think it's just how his body is absorbing those reserves, just keep feeding nice juicy fatty meaty bugs and keep him hydrated to build him back up.

Latest posts