• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping Scare

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Last night I turned off the lights. Usually after that, Patricia will pick a corner and go to sleep. Every morning I wake up and she is already up. This morning was different.

I woke up this morning and she was in the same spot and the same position she was in, last time I saw her last night. I turned on the lights and waited about a minute, nothing. I should have checked if she was breathing first, but that didn't even go through my mind. I went ahead and opened the top, and sure enough, she was still asleep. I touched her and she woke right up.

I really felt bad to have woken her, but I did get a little worried for a few seconds there. This had never happened before.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
May be a good idea to put your Lights on a timer, to give it a constant, consistent Day\Night schedule, same time of the day, everyday. It is also great for when you want to sleep in or can't be there on time to turn the lights on or off.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
That happened to me once when I first got my beardie.. It was also before I had a timer, but it is very scary the first time it happens! Oh, and it's usually a good thing if your beardie is in the same spot in the morning because it means he had a good nights sleep. (At least that's what I was told.):p:)

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Try and keep a 12 hour on, 12 hour off to keep them in sync. Same times wil give her a good day and night schedule!

xray328

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ours hides under the paper towels. I went to check on him the morning after we got him and I thought he had escaped. No beardie anywhere. Scared the heck outta me. ☺

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
They are good at that! Our rescue Rocky sleeps in the weirdest positions. The first morning I got up before him I thought he was dead. He was on the floor of his enclosure with one leg bent backwards, his head cocked, and his tail still on his basking log. lol I think he climbs/falls off the log and just falls asleep however he lands. :D

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is how i found 'Dynasty' asleep in her salad bowl lol-all draped over it-I guess she thought her crix; were still in there. That is where she goes to get her crix; to eat them. bella-aka-river

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie, if I shut the lights off, won't go to sleep. I don't know if it's a ritual or not, but she won't sleep unless she's had her cuddle time before bed. I'll take her out, let run around a little bit, and then she cuddles up and goes to sleep on me.

I've even tried to put her to bed one evening and she climbed out of from under her blankets, onto my hand. Then settled herself down on my hand, looking up at me, ready for her cuddle time. I wanted to go out to town that night, so I spent a half hour cuddling. Rituals.

Latest posts