• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping/Eating Schedule

andrea.dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I REALLY NEED HELP!

Im looking to get a bearded dragon (8-12 weeks) and i want to make a schedule. I know i need to feed him 3 times a day and i know to feed him 2 hours before lights come on and 2 hours before lights come off. I leave for school at 7:20 and come back at 4:30. I need help making a schedule!!!!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Assuming your lights turn on at 7:00 a.m and off at 7:00 p.m (or a similar 12-hour cycle), it's probably best to feed him right after school. That way, he has time to digest his food and you will have some time to handle him. Since you will not be able to feed him multiple times per day (unless you're doing online school), it would be best to get an adult beardie that will only need to eat once a day.
If you get a baby, you would need to be able to feed him a few hours after the lights turn on, sometime in the afternoon, and then an evening meal 2 hours before the lights go off. If there is someone in your house that is at home all day, you can ask them to feed him while you are away. However, the beardie may become more used to them than to you.

Latest posts