• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping early

RoyalPlat___

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, so I came home from a short trip to the pet store to get more food, and when I got home Ivan was already sleeping. I was a bit surprised because he never goes to sleep very early. I wanted to ask if anyone knew what is wrong. All advice is appreciated! FYI, I just recently replaced his UVB after a few months. Thanks

RoyalPlat___

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, so I came home from a short trip to the pet store to get more food, and when I got home Ivan was already sleeping. I was a bit surprised because he never goes to sleep very early. I wanted to ask if anyone knew what is wrong. All advice is appreciated! FYI, I just recently replaced his UVB after a few months. Thanks
This was around 5pm. His lights go out at 8 and are on at 8 every morning and every night.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? coil or tube where in the tank is it? How old is Ivan? What are his basking temps and how are you taking them?

RoyalPlat___

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? coil or tube where in the tank is it? How old is Ivan? What are his basking temps and how are you taking them?
It is a reprising 10 t8
Tube
6 months
100-110 but it’s usually at 102
I have a thermometer measuring the heat everyday

RoyalPlat___

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 105

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here’s a pic
A thermometer? Is it a digital or a infrared heat gun? If its a stick on they are inaccurate --- please move the T 8 inside the tank - the screen is blocking 30% of the rays --- and if there is a cover over the bulb on the fixture please take it off --- that too is blocking the rays --- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screens -- please place a piece of decor 6-8 inches directly under the UVB --- your dragon is getting little to no UVB --

RoyalPlat___

Bearded Dragon Egg
How do I move the uvb to inside? And it has been like that ever since I’ve had him. Why is it affecting him now and not before? And what is inaccurate?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do I move the uvb to inside? And it has been like that ever since I’ve had him. Why is it affecting him now and not before? And what is inaccurate?
Your basing temps if taken w/ a stick on --- you need a digital probe thermometer -- like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...um-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202
I would get two one for your cool side of the tank and one for basking side --- it needs to sit on the spot where he basks and let it sit for 10 minutes or so then take the temp -- it should be 95-110 -- most older dragons like the temps not so hot like around 97 or so --- but they should be offered the hotter as well - its best to set up a heat gradient giving them the option of picking where they want to bask -- a piece of decor that offers different places to sit stand lay on etc
Dragons will not show any type of illness until they can no longer the behavior of him going to bed early is a start -- they become lethargic wont eat poop is off all this will start to occur if the basking temps and UVB is off --- please move it into the tank --- he needs the UVB rays -- you can use these things to hang the fixture - I would move it first then adjust your decor piece and watch his behavior - the basking temps and UVB are the two MOST important thing in the tank
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- potted plant wire hangers -- TAK TY cable and hook ties they look like velcro straps - try Walmart but they work really good -- fishing line --- shoe laces --
With his age as well he could be showing signs of brumation but you want to rule out temps and UVB first --- -

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If it was about an hour or so before you turn his lights off it is completely fine. They like to settle in before bed and get comfy and ready to sleep. My boy lays down two hours before lights out sometimes.

Leslie C

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your basing temps if taken w/ a stick on --- you need a digital probe thermometer -- like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...um-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202
I would get two one for your cool side of the tank and one for basking side --- it needs to sit on the spot where he basks and let it sit for 10 minutes or so then take the temp -- it should be 95-110 -- most older dragons like the temps not so hot like around 97 or so --- but they should be offered the hotter as well - its best to set up a heat gradient giving them the option of picking where they want to bask -- a piece of decor that offers different places to sit stand lay on etc
Dragons will not show any type of illness until they can no longer the behavior of him going to bed early is a start -- they become lethargic wont eat poop is off all this will start to occur if the basking temps and UVB is off --- please move it into the tank --- he needs the UVB rays -- you can use these things to hang the fixture - I would move it first then adjust your decor piece and watch his behavior - the basking temps and UVB are the two MOST important thing in the tank
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- potted plant wire hangers -- TAK TY cable and hook ties they look like velcro straps - try Walmart but they work really good -- fishing line --- shoe laces --
With his age as well he could be showing signs of brumation but you want to rule out temps and UVB first --- -
Can you show some pictures of how to hang the light in the cage? I've tried a few times and it never worked properly.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Attachments

• Fixture example.jpg
    Fixture example.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts