• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Skittish Beardie

JFant17

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey this is my first post on here. I have a bearded dragon who has been a delight. He went through his first full shed about a week or so ago and ever since has been very skittish. He is still eating and pooping regularly and seems to be completely alert and active. I have a 100w heat bulb that keeps his basking temp at 102-105. I have a reptisun 10.0 uvb. His cool side is at 77-80. He won’t let me handle him really unless I wait until his light go off and even then he will try and take off every time I hold him. Up until the shed he would come out and hang out about 15-20 minutes a day everyday and chill. My guess is he is about 3-6 months old. He was purchased from petsmart.

JFant17

Bearded Dragon Egg
It is a bulb. I have a dual domed light enclosure for the heat and uvb. My beardie is probably about 8 inches long. He has always been a bit of a runner when trying to get him. I have been putting my hand just i. The tank and talking to him as well. I guess from everything I have read this will just take time. What are you feeding yours at this point in regards to insects? Just curious. He currently eats some Dubias each day and mealworms with his greens.

JFant17

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I am using the top picture bulb you are displaying. He is housed in a 40 gallon breeder tank

Beertruck

Hatchling Dragon
Hey this is my first post on here. I have a bearded dragon who has been a delight. He went through his first full shed about a week or so ago and ever since has been very skittish. He is still eating and pooping regularly and seems to be completely alert and active. I have a 100w heat bulb that keeps his basking temp at 102-105. I have a reptisun 10.0 uvb. His cool side is at 77-80. He won’t let me handle him really unless I wait until his light go off and even then he will try and take off every time I hold him. Up until the shed he would come out and hang out about 15-20 minutes a day everyday and chill. My guess is he is about 3-6 months old. He was purchased from petsmart.
The best way to cure a skittish dragon is to handle him repeatedly and build the bond. Even though he might not wanna be handled, handle him. Also hang with him at bath time. I've found these to be a great way to calm a beardie.

Latest posts