• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Skinny rescue

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Vet appt didn't go as well as I would've hoped. She definitely has some MBD but the current concern is Atadenovirus. So we sent out the lab to test for that. Luckily I've been washing between handling lizards, but now I'm worried it has or might spread. Cross your fingers that the test comes back negative. Not sure what our next step is if the test comes back positive

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Vet appt didn't go as well as I would've hoped. She definitely has some MBD but the current concern is Atadenovirus. So we sent out the lab to test for that. Luckily I've been washing between handling lizards, but now I'm worried it has or might spread. Cross your fingers that the test comes back negative. Not sure what our next step is if the test comes back positive

Fingers and toes are crossed! I am so sorry to hear this. How long will it take to get the test results back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
They have to send out her bloodwork so sometime next week I'll hear back

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I bet you are a nervous wreck just waiting for the results. I am sending you lots of prayers from Ohio! Praying for negative results!!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Interestingly enough the test is getting sent to Ohio, so your good thoughts should reach it

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Woo hoo!!!! I'm in Cincinnati. Do you know whereabouts in Ohio? Just curious for my own reference for the future if I ever needed Wally to be tested, God forbid!

#Ohioprayers!!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
No idea, vet just mentioned Ohio. We're in Arizona, so it's getting shipped somewhere in that big ole state

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wonder if they sent it to The Pats. There is a society all about dragons with Adenovirus. Please, please be super careful with your other reptiles don't share anything. Don't even put uneaten feeders back into the gen pop feeders. Don't use the same tongs, cups ANYTHING. A dragon can live a long life with adenovirus, it's going to be a hard life and it's going to take a lot on your end to watch over him but it can be managed. I have a friend that has 2 dragons with it. She had one dragon and then rescued one and didn't know the rescue had it and it passed it to her dragon. She's been dealing with it for a few years now but her boys are the sweetest.

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
That's my biggest worry is that I already spread something. I hate wasting worms so I think I've shared worms, but that would be it. And maybe not washing hands every time in between dragons. Keeping my fingers crossed for a negative test

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Me too. Let us know how things go.

I know I tell everyone to be careful but I'll admit I'm not always careful and then I worry about it afterwards. :(

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Breakfast was late this morning. That was NOT ok! First time she's actually asked for food though

fa210bc54691d1402f9c9cfaebc1cc03.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's a good sign! I'm glad she's asking for food!

Thank you for sharing the picture!

I just want to reach in and hug her.

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Athena is negative!!! No Atadenovirus!! So happy, it's a HUGE weight off my chest. We're getting more stable and slowly gaining weight. Tried peppers for the first time today too

511d99feed42519afd3289ba0ea8dedf.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's GREAT!!!!! I'm so happy!!! Prayers from Ohio worked!!!!! Lol

But seriously that's amazing, I'm so happy for you and Athena! Congrats!!

Did she like the peppers??

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Not her favorite, but she munched on a couple pieces. Today is shopping day so I just wanted to throw something in there till I got more stuff

Latest posts