• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

skin fungus,sure idk what it is.

bradley schaefer

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon has some dry spots that look like fungus to me its a rust color, also the scales on his nose are enlarged, i hope you can see the pic, heres another try if you can't see that.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...39323676.34515.100001009629860&type=1&theater

555829_361706050539713_100001009629860_75271329_1516115690_n.jpg

I inserted the the picture itself into the post for you - Germ (Mod)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am unfamiliar with a problem such as this, the scales in the pic do not look enlarged to me. Just about looks like possibly discoloration or staining by something it ate. Have you given it a soak recently or tried wiping it off? Really like it's light coloring.

bradley schaefer

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well all towards the front of his nose the scales are big, im going to hope that that just sheds he hasn't had anything that would stain him, he may have had a mishap with his water where i,t came out of his nose, I haven't soaked him lately maybe I should,but I am concerned with the rust colored stuff, it appears to be creaping up his face it looks dry, actually kind of like mold, what kind of substate should I be using Im using that coconut stuff.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coconut fiber is not digestible & poses a High impaction risk if ingested, Non particle substrates are much safer. If a particle substrate is really desired, I would recommend nothing but fine 'Children's Washed Playsand'. If Playsand is the choice, all husbandry must be up to par, proper temps & hydration.

I would give it a warm soak & wipe the nose area with a soft cloth & see what happens. All my Dragon's scales are larger near the tip of the nose, than the ones behind them. It does look like the color of coconut fiber, possibly dust, that got stuck to a moist nose.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Non particle substrate is the safest bet, if they can get it in their mouths it's best not to use it. Newspaper, non adhesive shelf liner, tile, depending on how old your dragon is and if you soak them 1-2 times a week you can use something like childrens washed play sand. You should definitely give him a good soak if he's shedding and it's been a while! Dry sheds are the worst on them.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We were typing at the same time... some of that is repeat ;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Added Note: BDs under 10" nose to tip of tail, should not be on any type of particle substrate.

We do that a lot Aleena, lol ;)

bradley schaefer

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I feel stupid but releived, and im done with coconut its too dusty, it wiped off and you can see the where his nose is going to shed. Thank you so much I was wondering why I couldn't find pictures of this ailment. That's what this site is for and it worked perfectly for me. Awesome job guys.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my bearded dragon has some dry spots that look like fungus to me its a rust color, also the scales on his nose are enlarged, i hope you can see the pic, heres another try if you can't see that.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...39323676.34515.100001009629860&type=1&theater

555829_361706050539713_100001009629860_75271329_1516115690_n.jpg

I inserted the the picture itself into the post for you - Germ (Mod)
luecistics like this turn a pink or sometimes rusty color when perparing to shed. kinda what it looks like to me

Nitro

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you read the thread it washed off just like one of the other posters said it might

interesting info though

Nitro

Bearded Dragon Egg
Quite Touchy! with the original response, sorry if your feelers got ruffled. This one is much better ;).

To the original post, It is quite Fine with me! Just pointed out that the problem had been Found & Fixed!

Latest posts