• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size of Tank for adult

Fumi

Hatchling Dragon
This is my first post! Hope I'm doing this right.
I need help deciding whether to get a larger enclosure for Elon Lizzy my beardie - male.
Please all you experts chime in!

Currently I have a Carolina glass tank 48x18x18. Elon Lizzy is 19 inches long now. I don't know exactly how old he is but I guess he is about 10 months. So he may grow more.

I want to set up a bio active substrate for him but before I do I want to make sure that I don't have to upgrade his tank to a larger size. If I need to get a larger tank to prepare for his adult size then I want to do it NOW.

So my question is this. Do I need a large tank than 48x18x18? Someone did advise me to get a 75 gallon tank. Well what would the measurements be for a 75 gallon tank? I don't need to know the gallon size. I need the actual enclosure measurements. I don't want Elon Lizzy cramped up. I want to give him all the room he needs as an adult. I don't need the height. My present tank is 18" high and I think that is plenty.

So what size do you guys suggest and what manufacturer do you recommend. I want a glass tank with clear sides, a screen top and sliding doors (because I have a hammock that sticks to the front glass) with at least 4 inches deep where I can put the bioactive substrate down. My current Carolina glass enclosure unfortunately is just 3 inches deep before it hits the sliding door and that is kind of a tight fit for the substrate.

HELP! Thanks

Why is he called Elon Lizzy? Well..... I did not know if he was a male or female. So I started calling him Lizzy and my son started to call him Elon (after Elon Musk!!) So he became Elon Lizzy. We laughed calling him our gender fluid beardie. We live in San Francisco so he fit in!!!! When we finally took him to the Vet the doc told us he was a male beardie. So we laughed again I love him so!!!

Latest posts