• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sid has a major attitude

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok yesterday we brought home a beautiful Collared Lizard and Sid is having a fit. Running around his viv bobbing his head constantly. He can see the other guys cage at all but they are in the same room. Is this normal and is he going to stop or will I have to separate them. The other guy could care less about Sid but he (Sid) is all up set. I took him out last night and let him run around in a diff part of the house and thats still all he did was run around bobbing his head. Any thoughts on the matter would help.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It sounds like Sid doesn't like the new addition. I'm a bit confused - can Sid see the other viv or not?

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No he cannot see the other viv. He seems to be doing better today though. I am going to look at a 120 gal viv tonight that I might get and set him up in that in a diff room. I don't know if he can smell the new guy or what but man I have never seen him act like that before.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could very well be a scent thing. Not sure what their relation to each other is, but perhaps they are natural enemies in the wild? Just grasping here.

ewood810

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OK I have a little update, Sid is doing much better, as long as when we walk into the room we pay him attention first he is good. I will be moving the Collared lizard out of there hopefully this week end and into a 55 gal set up i am putting together and then he should be good. He loves to look out of the window so I am not really wanting to move him. As for predators I am not so sure the lizards natural habitat is in the US and arnt Dragons from Australia?? I think that maybe he could just smell something was off and he wasn't the center of attention. But the good news is that he is doing good. Just being a brat. For any one who is considering a collared lizard they are nothing like Dragons, much much more lively and quick. But still fun to watch.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, bearded dragons are from Australia.

Sounds like you have a great solution.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He was probably just trying to say (to the newbie) "Hey, that's *MY* human! I've got them properly trained and everything!" :D

Latest posts