• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sickly dragon

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
C9C0EB91-8A5C-4E10-9FC5-B9219F19E245.jpeg

Bearded dragon not doing too good

He's tilting his head to one side, not eating, and is agitated

He has been out of a uvb light for a little while now and we just got him a new one (we placed it directly over him)

He eats collard greens on a regular basis with crickets every now and then

We usually hold him almost every day but now he wont let anyone pick him up

He is about 6 years old and has never done this before

I'm out of town right now so I can't physically check him out but I got all of this information from my mom

Does he need more calcium? More bugs? More uvb? Any help is appreciated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31947

He has been out of a uvb light for a little while now and we just got him a new one (we placed it directly over him)

I'm out of town right now so I can't physically check him out but I got all of this information from my mom

Your dragon is in bad shape - what uvb are you using? Coils will do this to a dragon or improper placement of the uvb for a long time+ what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? You want a digital probe

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get a 20 gallon tote and set it up like this -- you want a long tube fixture for a UVB like this
It needs to set directly over him -- 12-15 inches --surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- I would look into getting him a CHE and keep night time temps around 80-- you can place a screen on the tote w/ the CHE on it -- I would get a low wattage like a 40 watt and get a ambient temp -

Attachments

• Hospital tank.jpg
    Hospital tank.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Your dragon is in bad shape - what uvb are you using? Coils will do this to a dragon or improper placement of the uvb for a long time+ what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? You want a digital probe
I am using a coil bulb for one of the heat lamps but the uvb is a longer one

Basking temp is about 90

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the uvb over the basking area
Please replace the coil basking light for a clear solid bright white basking bulb --- what is the dragon in ? Did you transfer him to the 20 gallon tote? This will determine the wattage for the basking bulb- what long tube fixture are you using and the brand -- is it a T 5 or a T 8 -- where is the long tube at top of screen or inside the tank
basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
I would advise you get your dragon to a vet asap
here is a website to find a reptile in your area if you are in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code
www.arav.org

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Please replace the coil basking light for a clear solid bright white basking bulb --- what is the dragon in ? Did you transfer him to the 20 gallon tote? This will determine the wattage for the basking bulb- what long tube fixture are you using and the brand -- is it a T 5 or a T 8 -- where is the long tube at top of screen or inside the tank
basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
I would advise you get your dragon to a vet asap
here is a website to find a reptile in your area if you are in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code
www.arav.org
It's hard
We cant just buy him all these things, we don't have that type of money... I think he's dying

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's hard
We cant just buy him all these things, we don't have that type of money... I think he's dying
At this point I am not sure what to tell you --- a basking bulb would be about $13 at PetSmart --- and the UVB you have I asked what brand and bulb you are using and how old is it?

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
At this point I am not sure what to tell you --- a basking bulb would be about $13 at PetSmart --- and the UVB you have I asked what brand and bulb you are using and how old is it?
We just bought the uvb yesterday I don't know anything about it my parents got it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31965
It hasnt been a problem ever with the six years of his life
It is now showing --- your dragon has been getting NO uvb --- these are the worst - more dragons die under this bulb than I can count ---------- you need a long tube fixture like this immediately
24" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle.../products/arcadia-prot5-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood
these people will ship out fast ---
Please try Pet Smart if you have one they have now started carrying this product
I am thinking w/ the way he was tilting his head he has a lot of neurological issues from lack of UVB and the way he has his front arms etc ---------

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
This is so sad and preventable..I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you can't afford pets, certainly don't get a bearded dragon. Ppl need to research 1st! They are alot of work and can be expensive, but if it gets to much it's your responsibility as a pet owner to give it a better life!! There's breeders etc who will take him in a minute. Stop being selfish and give him a better life. And if you can't-find someone who can.

Flyingangel69

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 31947

Why has he been without uvb? I always have a spare. If cost is an issue I don't understand why you would get a beardie if you cannot afford to care for it properly?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Why has he been without uvb? I always have a spare. If cost is an issue I don't understand why you would get a beardie if you cannot afford to care for it properly?
@Flyingangel69
The dragon has severe MBD it has been under a coil for 6 years which is inadequate UVB - I tried helping but they said it is better now w/ replacing the coil w/ a new one :(

Latest posts