• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick baby?

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
Here lately Nova's seemed kinda sick to me. She's been staying in her cave a lot, possibly semi-brumating, and when I get her out she acts like she's having to breath hard, like she has excess mucus or something. She'll open her mouth for a few seconds, kinda breathing through her mouth, take a couple deep breaths then close it again. When she doesn't have her mouth open she acts like she swallows a lot. When she has her mouth open though I can't tell if there's any extra mucus or not, it doesn't really look like there is. She's also fairly active when I get her out.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry to hear that she may not be feeling well.. I wish I knew more about the sickness so I hope others that do will chime in..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Vet ASAP. Trouble breathing is not a good sign and if she is swallowing a lot and has excess mucous that is a sign of a URI and she needs antibiotics for that.

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
The only thing I worry about taking her to the vet now is that it's so cold where I live right now.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pre warm up the car get it nice and warm, what I've done is put Izzy on my chest and put a fleece on then bundled up in my jacket she's been nice and warm from my body heat... I would make the trip to the vet

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You could also wrap her in a blanket and put her in a box with some hand warmers or a hot water bottle. Just make sure nothing actually touches her so she doesn't get burned.

Latest posts