• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shredding

sarahrj

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My beardie is shredding for the first time since I brought her home. Is there any tips that I can be given about this, as I don't really know much about this topic.

Also, she is only shredding on her head/neck, will her whole body eventually go through the shredding process?

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My beardie just finished his first shed. He started with his tail then nothing for a few day. Then his whole body became dull and dry looking. I gave his a warm bath in the sink with the water to just below his shoulders. The water loosened the skin and it started to lift. I put him back in his tank and came back about an hour later and all of the rest of the shed had come off in big pieces. He looked perfect and so bright and pretty.

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I didn't pull or tug at all on the lifted skin but I did rub his body gently.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i think you mean shedding ,bath everyday don't pull it off. The bath should remove most. Don't pull it off, it needs to come off by itself.
Yoda's last shed look 7 days.

Latest posts