• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Showing aggrestion?

Krypt0nite1989

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For what reason would a beardie show aggresion out of no where?

The first time the other day, he opened his mouth at my and was very agree it seemed.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am assuming you meant to type "angry" at the end. One of my dragons went through a similar phase at first. It was a combination of relocation stress, and also being stressed out by my male head bobbing at her from across the room. If your beardie has no housemates I'd say it is just initial relocation stress. Does he only open his mouth when you stick your hand in there? Be that the case it just takes persistence and handling them regularly, after you've given him time to adjust to his new surrounding and get over relo stress.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You could have startled him. Young beardies can be unpredictable with that. Also...check your temps...too high of temps can cause aggression.

Krypt0nite1989

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think he got spooked at one point and was shook up for the rest of the night. There were other people around making him nervous. One quick question now that it popped in my head.

What does it mean when your beardie licks you, and just about everything else?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Krypt0nite1989 said:
What does it mean when your beardie licks you, and just about everything else?

Answered in your other post....

Latest posts