• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should l be worried??

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yoda has been the dream pet. He has grown leaps and bounds and has been very social. Gets very excited when it's cricket feeding time.... until yesterday.

Yoda didn't have any crickets and basically no greens for the entire day. When l took him out of the enclosure for our nightly "get together", he just sat in my hands. Didn't try to go and explore as normal nothing..he is looking very dull so i think he's ready to shed.

Again today i have offered crickets 4-5 times and he's just not interested, he's also eat no greens which is very unusual because he's been a great eater right from day dot.
Anyway, all he is doing is sitting under his basking lights. I had them at 98F so l've bumped it up to 105F just to see if he starts moving round more..

Any suggestions??

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya Jane My dragons have days when they dont eat, especially when they are shedding. I wouldnt worry too much they usually come around, and he will eat when he is hungry.
Take care

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Give him a good soak keep track of his weight

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya Jane My dragons have days when they dont eat, especially when they are shedding. I wouldnt worry too much they usually come around, and he will eat when he is hungry.
Take care
Sampson doesn't eat much at all when you are watching him. walk away for 10 minutes though and he has gobbled everything up!?!?!
Also, I used to put a fresh salad in every morning before work, and neither were eating much. then I realized they want to eat the most before i am out of bed in the mornings. Now I have changed My habits and give them the fresh greens in the evenings (so its a little fresher by morning).
this seems to work better.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Dragonsx6 - I think he is about to shed - he's very dull... actually i'd say he's more pale than dull.
Bill - thought of that (great minds think alike they say :)) i gave him a nice long soak and he even seemed to enjoy it. I weigh and measure Yoda weekly, just to keep tabs.
tdrost - i offer greens normally 3-4 times a day. Yoda is normally such a hugh greens eater, normally eats about 3-4 tablespoons of greens (flowers, greens, veg & fruit). It's always fresh and never gets a chance to dry out. I am a stay at home mum so l have the luxury of being about to change it quite often.
I offered greens this arvo with some mashed up pears thinking that the sweetness might just get the better of him (apple and pear are his favourite but i only offer them once every 7 - 10 days), he had a few licks the turned away..

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
good news, Yoda ate 10 crickets today... HE"S BACK!!! won't even look at his greens but l guess a few crickets is better than nothing

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
well, it lasted a couple of days but he is back to not eating again. No crickets, no greens no nothing... He hasn't shed yet but l think it will happen soon

lisa foster

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I wouldn't worry to much shedding can cause them to not feel like eating as much. Henry who is 4 months will only eat a few bites of his salad and he will only do this when I hand them to him. Yes I am a slave :)

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yay!! He started to shed today, hopefully this starvation thing will be finally over soon. Yoda has actually lost 8 grams since this all started. Doesn't sound like much but he only weighs 86grams. I managed to get him to eat today.. l actually had to tweezers feed him crickets that.... well let’s just say they were no longer moving when he took them. He ate 4. His coming from a BD that only a few weeks ago was eating like 18 twice a day plus greens... Hubby says, he thinks Yoda is a girl and "she" was a little conscious of "her" tubby belly

Latest posts