• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I use a Arcadia 12% or 14%

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone I’m sort of new! I recently got a new bearded dragon and I read that the 12% Arcadia uvb is good but the 14% is stronger. My bearded dragon enclosure size is 48L x 24W x 22H

The uvb is going to sit on the top of the mesh. Should I get the 12% or the 14%? His basking spot is somewhat close to the top of the tank. Thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone I’m sort of new! I recently got a new bearded dragon and I read that the 12% Arcadia uvb is good but the 14% is stronger. My bearded dragon enclosure size is 48L x 24W x 22H

The uvb is going to sit on the top of the mesh. Should I get the 12% or the 14%? His basking spot is somewhat close to the top of the tank. Thank you
You want the uvb in the tank - I recommend the 12% w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do people usually place the uvb inside the tank
Is it screen? Most use long plastic zip ties or 3 m Velcro fasteners I recommend picture hanger wire it's bendable--

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it screen? Most use long plastic zip ties or 3 m Velcro fasteners I recommend picture hanger wire it's bendable--
This is the top/hood

Attachments

• 7012A1BD-39B6-42CA-AC0C-B2DCECAEAE1F.jpeg
    7012A1BD-39B6-42CA-AC0C-B2DCECAEAE1F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

kmiz13

Hatchling Dragon
You want the uvb in the tank - I recommend the 12% w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
How do you mount the light inside the tank? Can someone give a step by step please?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do you mount the light inside the tank? Can someone give a step by step please?
Here is one way - you dont want it on the back wall it needs to be away from the wall
1709555639949.png

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Idk if this helps but my fixture came with mounting tools. Pancake says hello! He recently shed and is looking pretty!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
I’m going to be honest I don’t think I can place it inside the tank
Hi! I had the same problem and think I came up with a solution, depending on how handy you are. I put the light on mesh, drew a line around it with a sharpie and cut out a circle just a little less than the diameter of it. Then I drilled three holes on the fixture as close to edge as I could and inserted cord, and fixture from bottom. When it contacted mesh I wired it to mesh. Problem solved. I did that for basking light Aldo, but it was a long bulb. It looks pretty good also.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you using to hook it there
I dont know what that is this was posted by someone on how they did it -- you can use picture wire hangers they are bendable and you should be able to find them at your craft stores - Crafts Direct etc -- they will go thru your screen holes -

Latest posts