• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

should i be worried?

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dovah, our 3 mo old male has started eating less crickets every day (only 2 or so less) and even becoming less willing to chase after them and i find him sleeping more and more everyday. Is this burmation or should i be worried?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it could be brumation. 3 mo is kinda young. can you give us some info about your tank set up? - basking temp, ambient temp, cool side temp, how big is it, does he have a hide, do you have a pic? did you have him vet checked when you got him?

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
it could be brumation. 3 mo is kinda young. can you give us some info about your tank set up? - basking temp, ambient temp, cool side temp, how big is it, does he have a hide, do you have a pic? did you have him vet checked when you got him?

Its a 40gal, we have ceramic tile on the basking side, daytime basking temp is 100-105, cool side is 75. At night we have a infared heat bulb so the tank is 85 basking and 70 cool.

Attachments

• 1483311680364-1394797192.jpg
    1483311680364-1394797192.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
He hasn't been to the vet yet, but we got him from a reputable local breeder and NOT a pet store

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They need a natural drop in temps at night to regulate their body, they don't need a basking spot at night time. As long as your tank doesn't drop below 65 degrees at night you don't need to use a CHE. Since you said the cool side is 70 degrees it sounds like you don't need it. My guess is that he's not getting a proper cool down at night and it's making him sleepy. You should also have a fecal test done to rule out parasites. Parasites will cause a beardie to stop wanting to eat and to sleep a little more. Even though you got him from a breeder, he could still have a parasite.

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
They need a natural drop in temps at night to regulate their body, they don't need a basking spot at night time. As long as your tank doesn't drop below 65 degrees at night you don't need to use a CHE. Since you said the cool side is 70 degrees it sounds like you don't need it. My guess is that he's not getting a proper cool down at night and it's making him sleepy. You should also have a fecal test done to rule out parasites. Parasites will cause a beardie to stop wanting to eat and to sleep a little more. Even though you got him from a breeder, he could still have a parasite.

Without the red heat lamp it was nearly 60 degrees in that tank at night

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine love their lizard loungers too. They do the same thing.

Latest posts