• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shoping-aholic

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, our Gobi loves, and I mean L-O-V-E-S to go shopping at our local-family owned pet store where buy all our live foods and any supplies we need for him. Sadly though, when we are in the store, he wants Daddy, NOT me. Figures! lol..

Last time, I had him, and as soon as he spotted my husband, he TRIED to climb on my head to the top as to spy out Dad. After climbing and clinging (painfully) to my back, Dad took him, and this is how Gobi was for the remainder of the shopping time...

Gobidragonandstuff023.jpg

Gobidragonandstuff024.jpg

Gobidragonandstuff020-2.jpg

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
lol that is cute he seem's just like my male iggy. every time i go to town he has to go with or he will pitch a fit all day and cuz havic for my dad

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
never any fear of Gobi falling or jumping off?? i guess im used to Orion being only about 10-12 weeks old and wants to get away almost any chance possible haha

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Nope. He stays put on our shoulder or our back. Then again, for his first trip to grandma's (who used to have TWO beardies), seeing the dog kinda freaked him out a bit, and so Gobi went to the top of my husband's head for uh... safety. Thankfully, he pooed before we left. :confused:

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what age do they start usually calming down around? I would like Orion to chill with me for longer than 2 minutes before he leaps for freedom and I have to chase him down and freak him out even more.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
At his age, like any "child" that is pretty young, they are HYPER as all get out until about the 6th month. As you keep working with Orion on being held and shoulder-riding around the house, he will calm down. Gobi is 9 months old now and we didn't start trying the short trip to the pet store until around the 8th to 8 1/2 month-old mark.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It seems like he knows when he is up high because he doesnt dare jump down from hand. like when I am walking around. but when Im sitting on the couch, he will leap off. So I think BD's know heights.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gobi jumped from my husband's shoulder, over to "grandma's" chair where she was sitting and just sat with her lol. That was AFTER he was removed from the top of hubby's head. lol

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie honey bee being almost 6 month's is just starting to calm down but all my beardie's iggy(5 yo) lily(4 yo) cleo(7 yo) and max(16 month's old) still act like they are still in the hyper baby stage's when the mood strike's them. it make's me feel old when i gotta chase them all around after launching off my lap, and i just turned 18 monday lol talk about leaping lizards

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im just really nervous Orion will get hurt jumping off my lamp and say on to the couch then floor. He is really good while im walking and he's on my arm. Know's his heights I guess lol

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im just really nervous Orion will get hurt jumping off my lamp and say on to the couch then floor. He is really good while im walking and he's on my arm. Know's his heights I guess lol

try not to worry too much, like all babies, animal or human, they are pretty sturdy little things. It wouldnt be the first time one of my babies launched it's self from my hands, but in saying that my Males still do that when the notion takes them, you can be sitting stroking them on your lap and they just launch themselves :p

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
over here in oz we can't (not allowed by law) to take our beardies on trips. Because we have to have a license they are very strict. I wanted to take Yoda to Kinder for show and share but unfortunately l need a special license which l can't get..

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
over here in oz we can't (not allowed by law) to take our beardies on trips. Because we have to have a license they are very strict. I wanted to take Yoda to Kinder for show and share but unfortunately l need a special license which l can't get..

So do you need a special license to keep Yoda then Jane or is it just for traveling with him? How does that work if you have to take him to the vet etc? Just curious as I never heard of needing a license before and would have thought with them being native to Australia it would have been ok. Sorry if I sound a bit dense lol :)

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep l need a license to keep Yoda, have to pay every year, need to keep a log book of all new critters, deaths, births. I also have to send it a list of animals in my care at the end of march every year. I can take him to and from the vet and that is the only exception. The license is for me at my home address, if my name changes of change my address l need to notify them immediately otherwise it's a fine. If l incorrectly fill in my log book, it's a fine. If l go away and get someone to come feed yoda, they have to have a license otherwise they and l will be fined. Paperwork in march has to be in by due date or i get a fine. If license renewal it's paid on time..... you guessed it, i get a fine..
Here is the form for the license. It's tell you the name and license required to keep them. This is Victoria, Australia. Each state has it's own license requirements and fees

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/as...tion-for-a-Private-Wildlife-Licence-v11-1.pdf

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep l need a license to keep Yoda, have to pay every year, need to keep a log book of all new critters, deaths, births. I also have to send it a list of animals in my care at the end of march every year. I can take him to and from the vet and that is the only exception. The license is for me at my home address, if my name changes of change my address l need to notify them immediately otherwise it's a fine. If l incorrectly fill in my log book, it's a fine. If l go away and get someone to come feed yoda, they have to have a license otherwise they and l will be fined. Paperwork in march has to be in by due date or i get a fine. If license renewal it's paid on time..... you guessed it, i get a fine..
Here is the form for the license. It's tell you the name and license required to keep them. This is Victoria, Australia. Each state has it's own license requirements and fees

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/as...tion-for-a-Private-Wildlife-Licence-v11-1.pdf
Extortion. plain and simple.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yep but what do you do, if you want to keep and buy reptiles then you have to pay. We cannot take from the wild, if caught it's 6 months jail.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow dont think ill ever move to aussie land sounds like to much work but it shows your dedication to be willing to go through all that.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow, thats dedication for you, altho if everyone had to do that, not just in Oz, it would maybe make a lot of people re-think owning them. I dont know how it is else where in the world, but I know here I can go on gumtree and there are hundreds of Beardies, as well as other reptiles, free or for sale as the owners 'no longer have time for them' or another excuse is 'having a baby so cant look after it'. Maybe if we all had to have a license like Jane does it would make a lot of these people think twice before buying them just because it seems to be the 'in thing'.

Latest posts